||Quality Specialist - Blood Services Sandy
||Professional & Degreed
||8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
||Monday - Friday (40 hrs/wk)
||Quality & Compliance - 241
This Quality Specialist I position will support Blood Services.
Provides services of a quality nature. Participates in the development of Quality Assurance/Improvement (QA/I) plans for associated technical areas. Oversees quality control activities and coordinates quality assurance activities for the group(s). Supports
the associated laboratory’s nonconformance investigations (root cause analyses) and corrective and preventive actions (CAPA’s). Evaluates and supports that problem solving and corrective actions are thorough, timely, complete, and accurate. Actively involved
in continuous quality improvement activities. Evaluates compliance with all associated policies, procedures, and regulations and communicates status to laboratory management and quality management. Leads continuous quality improvement activities, both within
their specific section(s) and ARUP cross functional teams that lead to a higher state of compliance. Trains employees and other Quality Specialists in quality activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Clinical or Medical Laboratory Science, Medical Technology or in the chemical or biological sciences.
- Three years of high complexity clinical laboratory experience or three years of quality experience in a regulated environment
- Appropriate certification i.e. MLS (ASCP), MT (ASCP), or categorical applicable to the area(s) of responsibility
Physical and other requirements:
- Demonstrated organizational, problem solving, troubleshooting and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work all required overtime and take call as needed
- Must be able to lift 10 pounds
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extensive periods of time
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal
- Fine motor coordination
- Good visual acuity including color perception
- Involves judgment in planning work, assessing results, solving problems, and taking or recommending action
- Ability to organize work, to meet deadlines, and to work under stressful condition
- Absolute integrity in the accurate identification of samples, test performance, and reporting of results
- Continual assessment of current literature
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
||Send This Job to a Friend