|Point of Hire
||NLS - Northern Laundry Services
|Type of Position
||JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the General Manager, the Laundry Attendant will fold, and pack laundered material for customers. The Laundry Attendant will also maintain cleanliness of laundry facility and equipment.
• Receives, inspects, sorts and documents all outgoing and incoming laundry thoroughly
• Examines laundered items to ensure cleanliness and serviceability
• Neatly fold and package laundry for customer pick up or delivery
• Utilize disposable gloves and adhere to all company guidelines while working in the laundry area
• Maintains cleanliness of facility
• Immediately reports any equipment malfunctions to management
• Reports for duty punctually wearing the company uniform
• Other duties as assigned
DOYON LIMITED CORE COMPETENCIES:
• Commitment to Excellence – Identifies what needs to be done and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations.
• Corporate Values- Understand, embraces, and integrates Doyon corporate values into everyday duties and responsibilities.
• Customer Services – Identifies and responds to current and future client needs by providing excellent service to internal and external clients.
• Safety and Security – Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers.
• Teamwork – Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside or outside the organization.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
• Adaptability - Adapts to changing conditions and work assignments, sets priorities and manages multiple assignments, and tasks.
• Attention to Detail- Ensures one's own and others’ work and information are complete and accurate.
• Analytical Skills - Visualizes, articulates and solves a variety of problems and concepts and makes appropriate decisions based on available information.
• Communication Skills - Listens, writes, and speaks effectively, and positively relates and interacts with co-workers and others.
• Planning and Organizing- Systematically develops plans, prioritizes, organizes and manages resources in order to accomplish business goals within a specific time period.
• Project Management - Plans, organizes, and manages resources to bring about the successful completion of specific projects.
• Time Management- Manages time effectively when accomplishing tasks, projects, and goals.
• Quality Management- Integrates organizational functions (i.e., marketing, finance, design, engineering, and production, customer service, etc.) to focus on meeting customer needs and organizational goals.
• High school student
• Ability to pass pre-employment and random drug tests
• Must be able to lift 50lbs. of laundry.
• Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination – effective September 1, 2021, all new employees hired to work at Doyon, Limited are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus on the day they begin work. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as: more than two (2) weeks following receipt of the second dose of a two-dose vaccine, or more than two (2) weeks following receipt of one (1) dose of a single-dose vaccine, including any booster shoots authorized by federal or state health authorities.
• Previous housekeeping or cleaning experience with general knowledge of cleaning chemicals
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas where under certain areas, require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. Walking primarily on a level surface is required, for a period of time throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday. May lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Proper lifting techniques required.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: It is Doyon’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities. With respect to mandatory COVID-19 vaccination, a workplace accommodation may be available based on the Americans with Disabilities Act, for a disability that prevents vaccination, or under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, based on a religious/ethical belief against vaccination. Accommodation requests should be made, in writing to the Human Resources Department.
PREFERENCE STATEMENT: Doyon grants preference to qualified Doyon Shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other Alaska Native corporations that grant a similar preference in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.
||Send This Job to a Friend