||Alaska North Slope
|Point of Hire
||DDI - Doyon Drilling Inc
|Type of Position
||12 hour shifts
The employee will perform preventive maintenance and minor repair work on drilling rig equipment.
• Perform daily inspection per SPCC plan
• Have knowledge of, and understand DDI’s Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) policy
• Has knowledge of possible health, safety and environmental impact and state and federal regulatory compliance requirements associated with oil and gas drilling operations
• Have knowledge of Environmental Management System (EMS) operation, key personnel and their functions, and responsibilities
• Correct use of required activity permits and MSDS sheets
• Participation in safety, spill prevention, and pre-job meetings as required
• Implementing DDI safety and hazard recognition programs each shift
• Record equipment operating information on daily report
• Maintain spare parts, oil and grease inventories
• Perform preventive maintenance and minor repairs on rig equipment
• Maintain clear communication with relief, Driller, Mechanic and Toolpusher
• Participate in emergency drills
• Inspect all fluid handling components for integrity and proper operation
• Follow DDI and customer operating and reporting procedures
• Perform SAA/RAA maintenance and documentation
• Other duties may be assigned
• Commitment to Excellence – Identifies what needs to be done and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations.
• Corporate Values- Understand, embraces, and integrates Doyon corporate values into everyday duties and responsibilities.
• Customer Service – Identifies and responds to current and future client needs by providing excellent service to internal and external clients.
• Safety and Security – Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers.
• Teamwork – Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside or outside the organization.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
• Adaptability- Adapts to changing conditions and work assignments, sets priorities and manages multiple assignments, and tasks.
• Attention to Detail- Ensures one's own and other's work and information are complete and accurate.
• Communication Skills- Listens, writes, and speaks effectively, and positively relates and interacts with co-workers, customers and others.
• Dependability- Consistently adheres to operational standards, ensures smooth operations and positive customer experiences, builds a productive workplace, is reliable, and improves team morale
• Self-motivated- Requires little to no supervision, works well both independently and as part of a team.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Three or more years’ experience associated with this position.
• Certificate of Completion in Well Control (Driller, Surface Stack only)
• First aid/CPR
• Valid driver’s license
• Alaska on/off shore experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to extreme weather conditions both on and off shore. Temperatures reach as low as 50 degrees below zero during the winter months. Employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places, extreme heat and high noise levels. Employee will be required to work at various heights on the rig. Employee will work in an environment where there is risk that they will be exposed to toxic, caustic and/or hazardous chemicals, fumes or airborne particles. Workers are required to wear personal protective equipment while on the job.
An individual will be required to work the majority of hours in a remote industrial environment, and will need to be able to quickly respond to a change in work demands. Occasional lifting up to (1-50 lbs.) is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is Doyon Drilling’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Doyon grants preference to qualified Doyon Shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other Alaska Native corporations that grant a similar preference in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.
||Send This Job to a Friend