|Point of Hire
||DL - Doyon Limited
||Vice President of IT
|Type of Position
||Monday - Friday
||JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the VP of IT, the Cybersecurity Analyst is responsible for the day-to-day operations of securing the company’s information systems. The Cybersecurity Analyst provides technical expertise in all areas of network, system, and application security. The Cybersecurity Analyst works closely with all team members in the Information Technology department to ensure that systems and networks are always designed, developed, deployed, and managed with an emphasis on strong, effective security and risk management controls. The Cybersecurity Analyst leads the company’s vulnerability management program, manages cybersecurity assessments and penetration tests and research and reports on emerging threats to help the company take pre-emptive risk mitigation steps. The Cybersecurity Analyst effectively correlates and analyzes security events within the context of Doyon, Limited unique environment to proactively detect threats and mitigate attacks before they occur.
• Proactively monitor the environment to detect and implement steps to mitigate cyber-attacks before they occur
• Provide technical expertise regarding security-related concepts to operational teams within the Information Technology Department and the business
• Review, investigate, and respond to real-time alerts within the environment
• Review real-time and historical reports for security and/or compliance violations
• Monitor online security-related resources for new and emerging cyber threats
• Assesses new security technologies to determine potential value for the company
• Conducts vulnerability assessments of company’s systems and networks
• Implement and maintain the adopted cybersecurity framework
• Respond to after-hours cybersecurity concerns
DOYON LIMITED CORE COMPETENCIES:
• Commitment to Excellence – Identifies what needs to be done and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations.
• Corporate Values- Understand, embraces, and integrates Doyon corporate values into everyday duties and responsibilities.
• Customer, Client & Shareholder Service – Identifies and responds to current and future client needs by providing excellent service to internal and external clients.
• Safety and Security – Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers.
• Teamwork – Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside or outside the organization.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
• Adaptability- Adapts to changing conditions and work assignments, set priorities and manages multiple assignments, and tasks.
• Analytical Skills - Visualizes, articulates and solves a variety of problems and concepts and makes appropriate decisions based on available information.
• Attention to Detail- Ensures one's own and others’ work and information are complete and accurate.
• Communication Skills- Listens, writes, and speaks effectively, and positively relates and interacts with co-workers and others.
• Planning and Organizing- Systematically develops plans, prioritizes, organizes and manages resources in order to accomplish business goals within a specific time period.
• Problem Solving - Anticipates and identifies problems, distinguishes between symptoms and causes, and determines alternative solutions involving varied levels of complexity, ambiguity and risk.
• Process Improvement – Manages, leads and enables the process of change and transition while helping others to deal with the process.
• Project Management - Plans, organizes, and manages resources to bring about the successful completion of specific projects.
• Quality Management- Integrates organizational functions (i.e., marketing, finance, design, engineering, and production, customer service, etc.) to focus on meeting customer needs and organizational goals.
• Reporting- Generates reports that are accurate, objective and complete in a timely manner.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: This position does not have supervisory responsibility
• High School Diploma
• Two-year college degree in the field of computer science and/or three years equivalent work experience
• Three years of experience in a security analyst or related position
• Technical knowledge of enterprise-class technologies such as firewalls, routers, switches, wireless access points, VPNs, and desktop and server operating systems
• Thorough understanding of Microsoft’s enterprise technology platform, including Azure, Active Directory, SQL, Office365, and the Windows server and desktop operating systems
• Strong writing skills as well as the ability to articulate security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff
• Be a proficient problem-solver that is able to work autonomously
• Knowledge of current IT protocols and standards
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to manage and prioritize tasks effectively
• Solid resource planning and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination – effective September 1, 2021, all new employees hired to work at Doyon, Limited are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus on the day they begin work. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as: more than two (2) weeks following receipt of the second dose of a two-dose vaccine, or more than two (2) weeks following receipt of one (1) dose of a single-dose vaccine, including any booster shoots authorized by federal or state health authorities.
• Four-year college degree with concentration on cybersecurity
• One or more of the following certifications: CEH, CISM, CompTIA Security+, CISSP, GSEC
• Experience with managing and securing both on-premise and hosted systems and applications
• Proficiency with Windows PowerShell
• Working experience with creating, implementing, and managing a threat hunting program within a corporate environment
• Demonstrated experience implementing and/or enforcing security and compliance frameworks such as NIST, Cobit, and ISO
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The majority of work is performed in a professional office setting with a wide variety of people with differing functions, personalities and abilities. There is a 40-hour on-site work week with on-call availability for 5 days per month. Some travel may be required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking, standing, bending and carrying moderately heavy items such as computers and peripherals. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components. [Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions].
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: It is Doyon’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities. With respect to mandatory COVID-19 vaccination, a workplace accommodation may be available based on the Americans with Disabilities Act, for a disability that prevents vaccination, or under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, based on a religious/ethical belief against vaccination. Accommodation requests should be made, in writing to the Human Resources Department.
PREFERENCE STATEMENT: Doyon grants preference to qualified Doyon Shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other Alaska Native corporations that grant a similar preference in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.
- Except as provided otherwise under applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
||Send This Job to a Friend