||IT Service Delivery Manager
|Point of Hire
||DL - Doyon Limited
||Vice President of IT
|Type of Position
||Monday - Friday
||JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the VP of IT, the IT Service Delivery Manager’s role is to plan, organize, and manage staff and overall operations to ensure the highest levels of customer service and end user experience. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly end user device infrastructure and associated services. The IT Service Delivery Manager’s accountability will also be to ensure high technology and service performance for audio and video meetings across the company.
• Monitor and manage IT Service Desk and desktop support to ensure optimal service
• Maintain high performance level for service-related processes and implement improvement activities wherever necessary
• Take ownership of critical incidents, coordinate with resolution parties and establish effective communication between stakeholders for post-incident reviews
• Ensure systems, procedures and methodologies are in place to support outstanding service delivery
• Develop a deep understanding of projects to gain insights into the scope of service delivery
• Take accountability for service delivery performance and meet or exceed customer expectations
• Analyze third-party as well as internal processes and create strategies for service delivery optimization
• Develop policies and procedures
• Assist with preparation of budget proposals and operations expenditure statements
• Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols and standards in support of service delivery technology procurement and development efforts
• Liaise with vendors for the procurement of new technology, oversee installation and resolve adaptation issues
• Monitor incident trends and anticipate potential problems for proactive resolution
Performance and Quality Management
• Recommend methods of improvement and ensure actions are implemented on time for service delivery upgrades
• Provide accurate and regular reports to VP of IT on performance of the service delivery
• Lead the team, including hiring, performance assessment, training and mentoring
• Build strong relationships with teams and stakeholders to enable effective dialogue exchange between departments
• Supervise IT Service Desk team to facilitate continual improvements in the desktop environment
• Collaborate with the Infrastructure and Cybersecurity teams to set standards for software, hardware, and security
• Make sure antivirus updates and patches are applied effectively and promptly
• Enable high-level performance benchmarks for access devices such as PCs, laptops and mobile
• Provide technology support for corporate conferencing ensuring the ready availability of meeting room resources, such as presentation software and audiovisual systems
• Educate departmental staff on the effective use of conference room technology
DOYON LIMITED CORE COMPETENCIES:
• Commitment to Excellence – Identifies what needs to be done and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations.
• Corporate Values- Understand, embraces, and integrates Doyon corporate values into everyday duties and responsibilities.
• Customer, Client & Shareholder Service – Identifies and responds to current and future client needs by providing excellent service to internal and external clients.
• Safety and Security – Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers.
• Teamwork – Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside or outside the organization.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
• Adaptability- Adapts to changing conditions and work assignments, set priorities and manages multiple assignments, and tasks.
• Analytical Skills - Visualizes, articulates and solves a variety of problems and concepts and makes appropriate decisions based on available information.
• Attention to Detail- Ensures one's own and others’ work and information are complete and accurate.
• Communication Skills- Listens, writes, and speaks effectively, and positively relates and interacts with co-workers and others.
• Decision Making- Makes choices or reaches conclusions by establishing objectives, gathering relevant information, identifying alternatives, setting criteria for the decision, and selecting the best option.
• Management- Plans, organizes, directs, monitors, and controls a group of one or more employees or one of more entities to accomplish organizational goals and objectives.
• Planning and Organizing- Systematically develops plans, prioritizes, organizes and manages resources in order to accomplish business goals within a specific time period.
• Problem Solving - Anticipates and identifies problems, distinguishes between symptoms and causes, and determines alternative solutions involving varied levels of complexity, ambiguity and risk.
• Process Improvement – Manages, leads and enables the process of change and transition while helping others to deal with the process.
• Project Management - Plans, organizes, and manages resources to bring about the successful completion of specific projects.
• Quality Management- Integrates organizational functions (i.e., marketing, finance, design, engineering, and production, customer service, etc.) to focus on meeting customer needs and organizational goals.
• Reporting- Generates reports that are accurate, objective and complete in a timely manner.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: This position has supervisory responsibility
• Four-year college degree in the field of computer science, business management, or related field (will consider combination of post-secondary equivalent and extensive related experience as a substitute for the Bachelor’s degree on a year-for-year basis).
• Three years of experience in service delivery
• Three years of experience with service desk, desktop support, telephony and audiovisual support
• Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments
• Expert knowledge of multiple audiovisual technologies
• Hands-on experience in troubleshooting hardware
• Knowledge of current IT protocols and standards
• Proficiency and experience in leading a team
• Application support experience
• Exceptional customer-facing skills
• In-depth knowledge of escalation procedures, incident management and other service delivery disciplines
• Demonstrated expertise in people management and leadership
• Strong organizational skills
• Capacity to train junior team members
• Ability to manage and prioritize tasks effectively
• Solid resource planning and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination – effective September 1, 2021, all new employees hired to work at Doyon, Limited are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus on the day they begin work. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as: more than two (2) weeks following receipt of the second dose of a two-dose vaccine, or more than two (2) weeks following receipt of one (1) dose of a single-dose vaccine, including any booster shoots authorized by federal or state health authorities.
• Readiness to demonstrate a proactive approach
• A+ Certification
• ITIL Certification
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The majority of work is performed in a professional office setting with a wide variety of people with differing functions, personalities and abilities. There is a 40-hour on-site work week with on-call availability. Some travel may be required.
The work is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking, standing, bending and carrying moderately heavy items such as computers and peripherals. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components. [Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions].
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: It is Doyon’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities. With respect to mandatory COVID-19 vaccination, a workplace accommodation may be available based on the Americans with Disabilities Act, for a disability that prevents vaccination, or under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, based on a religious/ethical belief against vaccination. Accommodation requests should be made, in writing to the Human Resources Department.
PREFERENCE STATEMENT: Doyon grants preference to qualified Doyon Shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other Alaska Native corporations that grant a similar preference in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.
- Except as provided otherwise under applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
||Send This Job to a Friend