||Infrastructure Deployment Engineer
|Point of Hire
||DDATA - DesignDATA
||Deputy Director of Shared Services
|Type of Position
Infrastructure Deployment Engineer
The role of designDATA Infrastructure Deployment Engineer is to efficiently implement designDATA core technologies including:
(Note – most infrastructure engineers support a subset of the technologies below, not expected to be proficient in all of them).
• Sophos technologies including firewalls and host-based security software (AV / encryption)
• Centralized desktop deployments utilizing Microsoft MDT and Microsoft AutoPilot
• Networking gear setup with VLANs for voice / data converged environments.
• Remote Monitoring Tools such as Kaseya, Jamf, Pingdom, and MRTG
• Backup products such as Datto Backupify, Datto BDR, and Veeam.
• Deployment and configuration of server room gear such as battery backups and IP PDU’s
• Multi-factor, password management, and single-sign on tools
• Server upgrades and migrations to cloud environments such as Azure, AWS
• Assistance with M365 migrations to Exchange Online and Sharepoint & OneDrive
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Highly proficient communicator in written and verbal format
• Working knowledge of a technical project management methodology such as Agile, Lean, etc.
• Sense of urgency in completing assigned tasks
• Professional attire required
• Organized, attention to detail
• Desire to learn the environment and staff
• Ability to multi-task effectively
• Ability to follow through effectively
• Documentation skills
• Ability to remain professional while under stressful situations
• Delivered prompt, accurate and excellent customer service
• Learn and follow SOPs – asking questions for clarification
• Self-motivator – if you find something to improve from existing standards, work towards improvement
• Possess High school diploma or GED required, some college preferred
• Certifications are beneficial but not required. Desired certifications are:
• Azure Administrator Associate or Expert
• Microsoft Teams Administrator Associate
• Microsoft Security Administrator
• Windows 7 or 10 certified
• Network+, Security+ certified
• Valid driver’s license, insurance, and reliable personal vehicle
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The majority of work is performed in a professional office setting with a wide variety of people with differing functions, personalities, and abilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The individual will be subject to sedentary work with the majority of hours in a professional office environment and will need to be able to quickly respond to a change in work demands. The individual is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as viewing a computer terminal. Occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects (1-40 lbs.) are required.
REASONABLE ACCOMODATION: It is design DATA, Inc.’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
PREFERENCE STATEMENT: design Data, Inc. grants preference to qualified Doyon Shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other Alaska Native corporations that grant a similar preference in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training.
PAY TRANSPARENCY STATEMENT: design Data, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of the other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.
design Data Inc. is a Federal Contractor and complies with the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA).
design Data, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law and the poster is available at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf. For questions on the job posting contact (253) 344-5300.
EOE AAP M/F/V/D
If you need assistance or special accommodations during the application process, please contact the appropriate Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified applicants will be notified.
||Send This Job to a Friend