|Point of Hire
||DU - Doyon Utilities
||Director of Utilities
||$22.65 - $31.24 DOE
|Type of Position
||Monday - Friday
||POSITION OBJECTIVES: The Administrative Assistant provides support to the Director of Utilities with an emphasis on project coordination, preparing and finalizing correspondence, processing invoices, coordinating with Doyon Utilities headquarters, and special projects and file management.
1. Provide administrative support to the JBER management team and communicate effectively with management, government representatives, and Doyon Utilities personnel.
2. Compose and prepare confidential correspondence, research, assist with the preparation of reports and other complex documents in accordance with the Utility Privatization contract, CDRL reporting, State, and federal guidelines.
3. Answer and screen incoming and outgoing calls and correspondence; respond independently when possible and take/relay incoming messages and place outgoing calls, as needed.
4. Assist human resources as required to include the preparation of sensitive personnel documents as directed by the supervisor and assist employees with enrollment and questions related to benefit programs.
5. Arrange meetings and attend meetings as needed to take meeting minutes.
6. Create and/or maintain detailed database programs, i.e., maintenance management program and spreadsheet files.
7. Work in coordination with Doyon Utilities Headquarters to plan meetings or events at their respective site.
8. Provide records management assistance and maintain active, retired and archived filing systems.
9. Input purchase requisitions into computerized purchasing system for appropriate approval, collect related purchasing documentation in support of invoices, and coding of receipts.
10. Coordinate gate access with contractors and the military.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not intended to cover or contain all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The majority of the work is performed in a professional office setting. The work is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing less than 40 pounds. Reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, will be provided to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities. Must be eligible to work on a military installation in Alaska.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Ability to work independently regarding daily activities.
2. Must understand and be committed to confidentiality.
3. Must have superior knowledge of business English, spelling and punctuation, general office practices and procedures.
4. Must have excellent communication, customer service and project organization skills.
5. Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
6. Working knowledge of business office equipment such as copiers, printers and fax machines.
7. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
8. Problem solving skills in order to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
9. Type a minimum of 40 wpm.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Subject to pre-hire and random drug testing in accordance with the published DU policy.
2. Must be eligible to work on a military installation in Alaska.
3. Possess and maintain a valid State of Alaska driver’s license throughout the period of employment and ability to travel when necessary.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
1. High School diploma or equivalent required; college level courses in business and/or computer science preferred.
2. Four years of progressive advancement in a professional office environment.
3. Must be eligible to work on a military installation in Alaska. Eligibility to work on a military installation includes compliance with Department of Defense mandates with respect to employee background and health directives.
4. Must have and maintain a valid Alaska Driver’s License.
||Send This Job to a Friend