|Point of Hire
||DMS - Doyon Management Services, LLC
|Type of Position
||JOB SUMMARY: The Intern will assist with preparing bids for various federal agencies located across the United States by working closely with the estimating and proposal teams. While the specifics of each internship will be shaped by the project you are assigned to, our goal by the end of your internship is that you will have gained exposure to several areas: Estimating/Pre-construction, Project Management, Business Practices, and Safety.
The Intern position has some flexibility with part-time or full-time, but 12 weeks is preferred. Interns will learn about different career paths within our company and this opportunity will all for you to be trained to become a full-time employee after college graduation.
• Understand the planning, and preparation that goes into a project before Construction begins.
• Obtain hands-on exposure to the basic business practices that drive a successful government contractor.
• Understand the planning, organization and implementation of the Doyon Safety Program.
• Assist with the preparation of thorough, accurate and timely estimates, including the preparation of bid documents and the development of clear written proposals and correspondence
• Assist with material takeoffs on drawings, and plans
• Assist estimators in procuring bids and qualified subcontractors
• Obtains telephone quotes for materials and services
• Assist with preparing and summarizing task and subtask estimates, including rate and unit cost determination
• Assist on bid day
• Prepare bid books
• Assist in setting up projects and doing document upload to Smartbidnet
• May need to attend site visits or turn in bid proposals
• Some travel may be required
• Assisting project manager or field supervision staff with project coordination
• Estimating cost for change orders
• Soliciting bidders and coordinate subcontractor activity
• Scheduling of various contracts and materials
• Document control
• Coordination of subcontractors
• Safety management
• Participation in team meetings
• Writing RFIs, submittals, and assisting in change orders
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data
• Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings
• Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
• Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently sets goals and objectives
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality
• Commitment to Excellence - Identifies what needs to be accomplished and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations
• Corporate Values - Understands, embraces, and integrates Doyon corporate values into everyday duties and responsibilities
• Customer Service - Identifies and responds to current and future needs by providing excellent service to internal and external customers
• Safety and Security - Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers
• Teamwork - Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside or outside the organization
• Pursuing a Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering Management, or Construction / Project Management
• Organized and Self Motivated
• Must be willing to work extra hours to be prepared for bid day
• Excellent communication and computer skills
• Must be able to pass a drug test and background check
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The employee is subject to both environmental conditions: Activities occur inside and outside. The majority of the work is performed in a professional office setting with a wide variety of people in differing functions, personalities and abilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing up to forty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: It is Doyon’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
PREFERENCE STATEMENT: Doyon grants preference to qualified Doyon Shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other Alaska Native corporations that grant a similar preference in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
We are a Federal Contractor and comply with the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA).
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
The EEO is the Law and the poster is available at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf. For questions on the job posting contact (253) 344-5300.
- Except as provided otherwise under applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
||Send This Job to a Friend