||DU - Doyon Utilities
||Director of Information Technology
||$107,024.00 - $132,554.00
|Type of Position
||8am - 5pm
||Monday - Friday
||JOB SUMMARY: The GIS Manager oversees the daily operations of the GIS and Metering systems. Perform computer applications and/or database design, development, implements services for departmental users utilizing Geographic Information Systems (GIS) technology and oversees the Metering Database Management system. Supervises the GIS team who provides support to the project teams, the environmental department, SCADA group and any other DU employee/group in GIS or mapping requirement. Responsible for creating and maintaining policies and procedures, standards, and ensuring the accuracy and consistency of the GIS Information. Oversees the metering systems administrator position and maintains responsibility for metering data, assuring the standards and the accuracy and consistency for metering data. This position is located at Doyon Utilities’ headquarters in Fairbanks, Alaska.
1. Manage and supervise the GIS and Metering employees and systems and related requirements across DU.
2. Create, maintain and support the GIS Enterprise databases.
3. Manage multiple database systems, oversee all updates, edits and database versions.
4. Experience with Utility Mapping and The Spatial Data Standards for Facilities, Infrastructure, and Environment (SDSFIE) data model preferred.
5. Review and verify mapping data or themes provided by government agencies or private sector contractors for accuracy and consistency, modifying and correcting database values as necessary.
6. Evaluate, develop, adapt, and program computer software applications for capture, conversion and maintenance procedures related to GIS.
7. Lead the development and support on GIS data integration efforts into between departments.
8. Prepare maps and data records as necessary.
9. Conduct GPS field collections of utilities.
10. Oversees the day-to-day Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI).
11. Ensure data accuracy and reliability of reports generated thru the MDMS
12. Identify and research external sources of hardware, GIS software, and resources.
13. Direct utility metering infrastructure and processes.
14. Assist and train experts in GIS and Metering database related areas.
15. Participate as a member of project teams as necessary.
16. Communicate project objectives, plans and status to all members of a project team and management
17. Prepare for and conduct system GIS data exchanges with the Government on routine basis.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not intended to cover or contain all activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time or without notice.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position supervises the GIS and Metering employees.
||REQUIRED/DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Proficiency with the Esri suite of products (Desktop & Enterprise Environments) Strong geodatabase design skills.
2. Excellent skill in computer applications, and database report writing systems with an emphasis on application integration.
3. Expertise with the Esri suite of products (Desktop & Enterprise Environments) ; ArcMap / ArcPro, Enterprise geodatabases (ArcSDE & SQL Server), & ArcGIS Enterprise (ArcPortal & ArcServer).
4. Experience integrating enterprise databases across a variety of information systems.
5. Knowledge of collecting, processing, editing, correcting, documenting GIS database from multiple sources.
6. Robust understanding of relational databases, including database administration and development.
7. Experience with Spatial Data Standard for Infrastructure and Environment (SDSFIE).
8. Strong Microsoft Windows / Office applications experience.
9. Familiarity with GPS data collection.
10. Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
11. Ability to identify the technology user’s needs and opportunities to use technology to add value.
12. Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work in a team environment.
ENVIRONMENT: This position will be located at the DU headquarters in Fairbanks, Alaska with periodic travel requirements to Forts Wainwright near Fairbanks, Greely near Delta Junction, and Richardson near Anchorage. The work is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing less than 40 pounds. Incumbent must be physically capable of visiting DU sites on military installations in Alaska. Employee may be exposed to heat, cold, and frequent changes in temperatures.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. The incumbent is subject to pre-hire and random drug testing in accordance with the published policy of Doyon Utilities.
2. Must be eligible to work on a military installation in Alaska. Eligibility to work on a military installation includes compliance with Department of Defense mandates with respect to employee background and health directives.
3. Must have a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Alaska.
4. Must be willing to travel.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Information Technology, or a related field preferred. May substitute formal training with adequate experience.
2. Minimum of five (5) years of experience in an information systems environment, including systems analysis, design, integration, and implementation.
3. Experience with Database Management
4. Supervisory experience is preferred.
||Send This Job to a Friend