|Point of Hire
||DF - Doyon Foundation
|Type of Position
||Monday - Friday
||JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the employee will be responsible for accounting services for Doyon Foundation.
• Assist Doyon Limited in preparation of bi-weekly payroll
• Assist Doyon Limited in payroll related transactions, including the preparation and filing of required federal and state reports related to payroll activities
• Maintain employee payroll files
• Accounts receivable transactions, including preparation and making bank deposits, Financial statements, including schedule of net assets, consolidated statement of activities, balance sheet and cash flow statement
• Preparation and review of Doyon Foundation Board member expense reports and related transactions
• Prepare and update all fixed asset transactions
• Quarterly financial reporting to our granting agencies
• Prepare bank reconciliation
• Prepare reports for all scholarship funds
• Attend regular Doyon Foundation Board of Directors meetings in person or via teleconference to answer any financial questions
• Availability to meet/speak to Doyon Foundation staff at any time to answer questions or research requested information
• Assist in the preparation and filing of all required reports and disclosures required by the Internal Revenue Service statutes and regulation to preserve Doyon Foundation’s charitable status
• Assist Executive Director in preparation of annual Doyon Foundation budget and mid-year budget revisions
• Work closely with operations to collect and enter budgetary data and reforecast information
• Review budget to actual reports for unusual variances
• Prepare and post adjusting journal entries
• Responsible for general ledger account reconciliation
• Perform various cash functions such as on-line banking and bank reconciliations
• Coordinate monthly closing and produces financial statements for subsidiary companies and consolidated financial statements for parent company
• Assist annual audit schedules for internal audit purposes
• Assist in coordinating and preparing for the annual Doyon Limited financial audit
• Maintain a high degree of accuracy
• Meet deadlines, organize work materials, and manage time effectively
• Other duties as assigned
• Commitment to Excellence – Identifies what needs to be done and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations.
• Corporate Values- Understand, embraces, and integrates Doyon corporate values into everyday duties and responsibilities.
• Customer Service – Identifies and responds to current and future client needs by providing excellent service to internal and external clients.
• Safety and Security – Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers.
• Teamwork – Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside or outside the organization.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
• Adaptability-Adapts to changing conditions and work assignments, sets priorities and manages multiple assignments, and tasks.
• Analytical Skills-Visualizes articulates and solves a variety of problems and concepts and makes appropriate decisions based on available information.
• Attention to Detail-Ensures one's own and others’ work and information are complete and accurate.
• Communication Skills- Listens, writes, and speaks effectively, and positively relates and interacts with co-workers and others.
• Dependability- Consistently adheres to operational standards, ensures smooth operations and positive customer experiences, builds a productive workplace, is reliable, and improves team morale.
• Independence-Works minimal supervision.
• Problem Solving-Anticipates and identifies problems, distinguishes between symptoms and causes, and determines alternative solutions involving varied levels of complexity, ambiguity and risk.
• Reporting-Generates reports that are accurate, objective and complete in a timely manner.
• Research Skills-Searches, finds, and evaluates information sources.
• Time Management-Manages time effectively when accomplishing tasks, projects, and goals.
• Willingness to Learn-Willing to learn new skills or techniques to meet the demanding changes of job duties and responsibilities.
• This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, or equivalent experience on a year for year basis
• Experience using Microsoft Excel
• Knowledge of computerized and manual accounting systems
• Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination – effective September 1, 2021, all new employees hired to work at Doyon, Limited are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus on the day they begin work. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as: more than two (2) weeks following receipt of the second dose of a two-dose vaccine, or more than two (2) weeks following receipt of one (1) dose of a single-dose vaccine, including any booster shoots authorized by federal or state health authorities.
• Associate’s degree in Accounting or related field
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The majority of work is performed in a professional office setting with a wide variety of people with differing functions, personalities and abilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing less than forty pounds. [Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions].
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: It is Doyon’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities. With respect to mandatory COVID-19 vaccination, a workplace accommodation may be available based on the Americans with Disabilities Act, for a disability that prevents vaccination, or under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, based on a religious/ethical belief against vaccination. Accommodation requests should be made, in writing to the Human Resources Department.
PREFERENCE STATEMENT: Doyon grants preference to qualified Doyon Shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other Alaska Native corporations that grant a similar preference in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.
||Send This Job to a Friend