||IT Infrastructure Manager
|Point of Hire
||DL - Doyon Limited
||Vice President of IT
|Type of Position
||Monday - Friday
||JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the VP of IT, the Infrastructure Manager’s role is to plan, organize, and manage staff and overall operations to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT infrastructure. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, server infrastructure, data communications, and telecommunications systems. The Infrastructure Manager will also schedule and direct activities to resolve hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
Strategy & Planning
• Leads the design and implementation of short and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements
• Contributes to the development, implementation, and maintenance of policies, procedures, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration and project management
• Contributes to the development of IT strategies in collaboration with the executive team
• Conducts research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all infrastructure procurement and development efforts
• Consults on the establishment of service level agreements with business units
Acquisition & Deployment
• Leads the Request for Proposals (RFPs), bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for infrastructure projects and associated efforts
• Review with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure infrastructure-specific products and services
• Plans and deploys infrastructure security measures
• Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all infrastructure systems, including LANs, WANs, Internet, intranet, security, wireless implementations, etc.
• Conduct feasibility studies for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions
• Define hardware and software standards in conjunction with owners and stakeholders
• Test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining network infrastructure
• Test server performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining server infrastructure
• Manage operational costs; conduct near and long-term financial forecasts for expanded functionality/user base
• Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent infrastructure activities
• Practice IT asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation
• Direct and administrate a contingent of network analysts and technicians, and where necessary, conduct performance reviews and corrective action
DOYON LIMITED CORE COMPETENCIES:
• Commitment to Excellence – Identifies what needs to be done and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations.
• Corporate Values- Understand, embraces, and integrates Doyon corporate values into everyday duties and responsibilities.
• Customer Services – Identifies and responds to current and future client needs by providing excellent service to internal and external clients.
• Safety and Security – Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers.
• Teamwork – Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside or outside the organization.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
• Adaptability- Adapts to changing conditions and work assignments, set priorities and manages multiple assignments, and tasks.
• Analytical Skills - Visualizes, articulates and solves a variety of problems and concepts and makes appropriate decisions based on available information.
• Attention to Detail- Ensures one's own and others’ work and information are complete and accurate.
• Communication Skills- Listens, writes, and speaks effectively, and positively relates and interacts with co-workers and others.
• Planning and Organizing- Systematically develops plans, prioritizes, organizes and manages resources in order to accomplish business goals within a specific time period.
• Problem Solving - Anticipates and identifies problems, distinguishes between symptoms and causes, and determines alternative solutions involving varied levels of complexity, ambiguity and risk.
• Process Improvement – Manages, leads and enables the process of change and transition while helping others to deal with the process.
• Project Management - Plans, organizes, and manages resources to bring about the successful completion of specific projects.
• Quality Management- Integrates organizational functions (i.e., marketing, finance, design, engineering, and production, customer service, etc.) to focus on meeting customer needs and organizational goals.
• Reporting- Generates reports that are accurate, objective and complete in a timely manner.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: This position has supervisory responsibility
• Four-year university degree or college diploma in the field of computer science (will consider combination of post-secondary equivalent and extensive related experience as a substitute for the Bachelor’s degree on a year-for-year basis)
• 3 years of experience managing and delivering infrastructure design and operational excellence
• Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments
• 3 years successful leadership of an infrastructure team
• Hands-on experience in troubleshooting hardware
• Knowledge of current protocols and standards
• Conversant with programming languages
• Application support experience
• Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination – effective September 1, 2021, all new employees hired to work at Doyon, Limited are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus on the day they begin work. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as: more than two (2) weeks following receipt of the second dose of a two-dose vaccine, or more than two (2) weeks following receipt of one (1) dose of a single-dose vaccine, including any booster shoots authorized by federal or state health authorities.
• One or more certifications: MCSA, MCSE, CompTIA Network+
• Experience in interpreting the applicability of local and federal laws/regulations to company operations
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The majority of work is performed in a professional office setting with a wide variety of people with differing functions, personalities and abilities. There is a 40-hour on-site work week with on-call availability. Some travel may be required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing less than forty pounds. [Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions].
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: It is Doyon’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities. With respect to mandatory COVID-19 vaccination, a workplace accommodation may be available based on the Americans with Disabilities Act, for a disability that prevents vaccination, or under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, based on a religious/ethical belief against vaccination. Accommodation requests should be made, in writing to the Human Resources Department.
PREFERENCE STATEMENT: Doyon grants preference to qualified Doyon Shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other Alaska Native corporations that grant a similar preference in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.
- Except as provided otherwise under applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
||Send This Job to a Friend