||Human Resources Generalist
|Point of Hire
||DGG - Doyon Government Group
|Type of Position
||Doyon Government Group Construction Companies provide Construction Management and Design-Build, General Construction Services on new construction, renovation, repair, civil, and demolition projects at federal, state, and local government-owned facilities and military installations. We work with government clients to meet agency goals and deliver high quality construction projects in the safest manner possible.
Doyon Government Group is seeking a Human Resources Generalist to join our team in Federal Way, WA. This position reports to the Human Resources Manager, providing support in the areas of recruitment, employee relations, training, safety administration, L&I claims management, compliance, recordkeeping and data reporting, and benefits administration.
Typically, this job will be Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM with occasional weekend work for special events. Hours may vary depending on department needs.
JOB SUMMARY: The Human Resources Generalist provides subject matter expert (SME) understanding of human resources disciplines, including but not limited to, talent acquisition, performance management, employee engagement, training, occupational safety, benefits administration and compensation, regulatory compliance, policy, and procedure interpretation. Responsible for guiding candidates and selected employees through the pre-hiring and hiring process, including the interviewing and selection of qualified candidates and their onboarding to the company. This position supports managers through the hiring process, interviewing and selection of high-quality candidates for roles ranging from entry-level to senior management. You will respond to employee & manager concerns, conduct investigations, administer FML leave and accommodation requests, oversee benefit administration, participate in off boarding employees, maintain records and filing for compliance including affirmative action plans, and implementation of policies and procedures.
• Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, annual compliance training, and skills and integrity exams and certifications.
• Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
• Develops recruitment strategies.
• Conducts or acquires background checks, reference checks, FIT/physicals, drug testing, and employee eligibility verifications.
• Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
• Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to recruitment, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety including workers compensation claims; and training and development.
• Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
• Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
• Administer random drug testing program.
• Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
• Responsible for EEO-1 & VETS reporting
• Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Some travel required <25%
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
• Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
• Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
• Commitment to Excellence - Identifies what needs to be accomplished and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations
• Corporate Values - Understands, embraces, and integrates Doyon corporate values into everyday duties and responsibilities
• Customer Service - Identifies and responds to current and future needs by providing excellent service to internal and external customers
• Safety and Security - Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers
• Teamwork - Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside or outside the organization
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
• Attention to Detail- Ensures one's own and others’ work and information are complete and accurate.
• Communication Skills- Listens, writes, and speaks effectively, and positively relates and interacts with co-workers and others.
• Dependability- Consistently adheres to operational standards, ensures smooth operations and positive customer experiences, builds a productive workplace, is reliable, and improves team morale.
• Networking- Establishes, maintains, and utilizes a broad network of contacts (e.g., in a specific industry, in government, and the community) to monitor public and internal issues that affect our business.
• Planning and Organizing- Systematically develops plans, prioritizes, organizes, and manages resources in order to accomplish business goals within a specific time period.
• This position has no supervisory responsibility.
||• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
• 3 years of human resource experience and 1 year recruiting experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and application of federal and state laws and programs and how they impact job responsibilities, to include FMLA, ADA, EEO, and OSHA, among others.
• Experience working with a Human Resource Information System (e.g. UKG Pro)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Professional certification in area of expertise (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP) a plus.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The majority of the work is performed in a professional office setting with a wide variety of people in differing functions, personalities and abilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing up to forty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Occasional travel required.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: It is Doyon’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
PREFERENCE STATEMENT: Doyon grants preference to qualified Doyon Shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other Alaska Native corporations that grant a similar preference in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.
Apply Online at www.doyon.com
We are a Federal Contractor and comply with the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA).
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law and the poster is available at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf. For questions on the job posting contact (253) 344-5300.
If you need assistance or special accommodations during the application process, please contact the appropriate Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
Only qualified applicants will be notified.
||Send This Job to a Friend