||HRIS Technician I
|Point of Hire
||DL - Doyon Limited
|Type of Position
||8am - 5pm
||Monday - Friday
JOB SUMMARY: Under direction of the Human Resource Information Systems Manager, the HRIS Technician will carry out daily responsibilities in support of the Human Resource Information System (HRIS). This position specifically focuses on providing help desk support and assistance with HR systems and projects.
1. Help provide on-going support for Human Resource Information System and other HR software.
2. Respond to and attempt to resolve help desk inquires.
3. Learn to track and report on overall quantity and type of help desk requests and
resolutions. Identify and report findings of end user needs/issues.
4. Understand efforts and procedures to maintain data integrity, troubleshoot, and
recommend solutions under the direction of the HRIS Manager.
5. Under the direction of the HRIS Manager, solicit feedback and identify overall
needs of HRIS end users.
6. Prepare and distribute for review timely and appropriate HRIS communications.
7. Assist the HRIS Manager in developing in-house HRIS training programs to end-
8. Maintain up-to-date user training manuals and materials.
9. Learn to establish and maintain up-to-date HRIS functional departmental
documentation, standard operating procedures, as well a comprehensive HRIS
10. Utilize reporting tools to run and update reports.
11. Investigate routine user problems. Attempt to identify their sources and possible
12. Update basic business rule forms under the direction of the HRIS Manager.
13. Other duties as assigned
DOYON LIMITED CORE COMPETENCIES:
•Commitment to Excellence – Identifies what needs to be done and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations.
•Corporate Values- Understand, embraces, and integrates Doyon corporate values into everyday duties and responsibilities.
•Customer Service – Identifies and responds to current and future client needs by providing excellent service to internal and external clients.
•Teamwork – Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside or outside the organization.
•Safety and Security – Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
•Willingness to Learn- Willingness to learn new skills or techniques to meet the demanding changes of job duties and responsibilities.
•Attention to Detail- Ensures one’s own and others’ work and information are complete and accurate.
•Research Skills - Searches, finds, and evaluates information sources.
•Adaptability- Adapts to changing conditions and work assignments, sets priorities and manages multiple assignments and tasks.
•Administrative Skills- Performs a variety of office, clerical and professional administrative duties, some of which may be confidential.
•Communication Skills- Listens, writes, and speaks effectively, and positively relates and interacts with co-workers and others.
•Dependability- Consistently adheres to operational standards, ensures smooth operations and positive customer experiences, builds a productive workplace, is reliable, and improves team morale.
•Time Management- Manages time effectively when accomplishing tasks, projects, and goals.
• One (1) years’ relevant experience using computer programs
• One (1) years’ experience in a customer service environment
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and the use of email
• Understanding of handling sensitive and confidential information
• Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination – effective September 1, 2021, all new employees hired to work at Doyon, Limited are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus on the day they begin work. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as: more than two (2) weeks following receipt of the second dose of a two-dose vaccine, or more than two (2) weeks following receipt of one (1) dose of a single-dose vaccine, including any booster shoots authorized by federal or state health authorities.
•Knowledge of Human Resource Information Systems or database systems
•One years’ experience in a help desk environment
•Skilled at using database, spreadsheet, and word-processing software
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The majority of work is performed in a professional office setting with a wide variety of people with differing functions, personalities and abilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing less than forty pounds. [Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions].
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: It is Doyon’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities. With respect to mandatory COVID-19 vaccination, a workplace accommodation may be available based on the Americans with Disabilities Act, for a disability that prevents vaccination, or under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, based on a religious/ethical belief against vaccination. Accommodation requests should be made, in writing to the Human Resources Department.
PREFERENCE STATEMENT: Doyon grants preference to qualified Doyon Shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other Alaska Native corporations that grant a similar preference in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.
||Send This Job to a Friend