|Point of Hire
||DMS - Doyon Management Services, LLC
|Type of Position
||The Superintendent coordinates all site construction activities and supervises all field personnel as required to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest quality, supervising all trade and field personnel, while administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities. Maintains the job site office and closes out projects. Ensure that all hiring practices conform with company’s Affirmative Action plan as well as state and federal Equal Employment Opportunity laws, including without limitation, anti-discrimination and harassment laws relating to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status.
• Coordinates and supervise all construction activities
• Directs all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications
• Maintains daily contact with project manager to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
• Writes and maintains construction schedule, identifies and solves problems
• Maintains accurate as-build drawings
• Articulates timely requests for information in the best interest of the company
• Reviews subcontractors Schedule of Values for percentage complete and Pay Applications
• Coordinates and negotiates change order pricing from subcontractors related to contract modifications
• Updates mandatory safety documentation as the project proceeds
• Submission and procurement of materials for self performance work
• Orders materials and schedules inspections as necessary throughout the process
• Familiar with Federal Contracting, specifically the US Army Corps of Engineers and NAVFAC (Department of the Navy)
• Familiar with the US Army Corps of Engineers, Quality Control Requirements and reporting procedures
• Maintains positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees; ensuring safety, quality standards, and schedule
• Supervises project from NTP through completion of a final punch list and turn over
• Promotes and administers job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately
• Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety, quality standards, and schedule
• Maintains an organized job site, including the construction office
• EEO/AA Enforcement/Compliance Standards, as set forth further in the Job Summary and Core Requirements sections
• Development of employees
• Able and willing to travel to other project locations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Utilizes strong organizational skills
• Displays strong written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills
• Analyzes problems and makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications and costs
• Tactful and mature demeanor with well developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities
• Ability to adapt and achieve the customer’s needs while maintaining the cost and schedule of the project
• Ability to adapt to new work environments from job to job
• Must be familiar with Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action laws or be willing to undergo training in this area; ensures that all hiring, promotion and employee relations practices are in compliance with EEO/AA laws and with company’s Affirmative Action Plan, including without limitation all state and federal laws and all company policies and procedures relating to hiring, promotion, anti-discrimination and anti-harassment laws and policies relating to employees’ race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veteran status
• Commitment to Excellence - Identifies what needs to be accomplished and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations
• Corporate Values - Understands, embraces, and integrates Doyon corporate values into everyday duties and responsibilities
• Customer Service - Identifies and responds to current and future needs by providing excellent service to internal and external customers
• Safety and Security - Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers
• Teamwork - Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside or outside the organization
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
• Leadership- Maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes, and coaches employees to meet high performance standards and goals
• Strategic Implementation- Formulates effective strategies consistent with the business and competitive strategies, examines policy issues and strategic planning with a long term perspective, determines objectives, sets priorities, and anticipates potential threats or opportunities
• Supervisory Skills- Oversees, guides, and evaluates activities of immediate subordinates
||• Bachelor’s degree is desirable but not required; experience can substitute
• 10 years construction related experience as a working Superintendent
• 5 years of local, state or government (federal) construction experience
• Valid state driver’s license
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Project and Primavera scheduling software
• Able to self-perform some minor scopes of work; carpentry, drywall, cleaning, demo, etc.
• Ability to estimate projects
• OSHA 30
• CPR & First Aid trained
• Quality Control and Safety Certifications
• Experience in Government (Federal) Construction Projects
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The majority of the work is performed in both an outdoor and indoor setting on federal installations with a wide variety of people in differing functions, personalities and abilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: An individual will be required to climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing and repetitive motions. Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and /or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects is required. The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes. Travel is required.
REASONABLE ACCOMODATION: It is Doyon’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
PREFERENCE STATEMENT: Doyon grants preference to Doyon Shareholders and shareholders of other corporations that grant a similar preference to Doyon shareholders, such as Alaska Native Corporations. The preference applies in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training. A preference will be granted to qualified Doyon shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other corporations which grant a similar reciprocal preference to Doyon shareholders, such as Alaska Native Corporations.
PAY TRANSPARENCY STATEMENT: The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
We are a Federal Contractor and comply with the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA).
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law and the poster is available http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.
For questions on the job posting contact (253) 344-5300.
- Except as provided otherwise under applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
||Send This Job to a Friend