|Point of Hire
||DMS - Doyon Management Services, LLC
|Type of Position
||JOB SUMMARY: This position provides engineering, estimating and other technical services for construction, rehabilitation and maintenance projects. This position may require the employee to deploy to other states for long/short term projects.
• Understand, practice and continually lead by example Doyon’s commitment to zero incident safety and environmental culture
• Assure compliance with construction safety and environmental standards
• Coordinate with Company Safety Supervisor to ensure all client and environmental permits are on hand and current
• Understand and ensure adherence to applicable codes and regulations, client standard operating procedures, management of change and corporate standards
• Prepare all appropriate calculations, plans, documentation and recommendations to include hydro test planning, developing lifting plans, developing field work plans and monitoring daily construction activities
• Write daily, weekly and monthly status reports and submit to Project Manager for inclusion in client reports
• Review all timesheets to ensure accurate cost coding
• Function as a technical expert to project field team for interpretation of various codes, laws and regulations
• Ensure vital and important records are retained and kept current for inclusion in document turnover packages
• Frequent communication with project field team leaders and client supervision
• Timely preparation and submittal of accurate fabrication drawings to fabrication facilities
• Constant and close coordination with fabrication facilities to ensure on time spool deliveries to job sites
• Prepare all as-built drawings for official project documentation turnover to client
• Ensure applicable client requirements are incorporated into Company processes and procedures
• Coordinate with client technical authorities to obtain interpretations of technical requirements and to resolve related issues
• Participate in pre-construction meetings with subcontractors, vendors and fabrication facilities to ensure compliance with and understanding of the Company project execution plan, applicable specification sections, Quality Control Plan and expected quality workmanship, and safety and environmental expectations
• Closely work with Company managers and supervisors to ensure understanding and compliance with all project requirements
• Ensure all construction activities comply with contractual requirements
• Ensure all construction activities comply with all applicable permits, established construction and engineering standards and codes, safety and environmental rules, quality control criteria, drawings, and specifications
• Assist corporate and project management, estimators and client personnel during a project’s planning phase to include preparation of work sequencing, alternative solutions, and execution plans for new and continuing projects
• Although the majority of the Project Engineer’s duties and responsibilities take place in the field, working in an office is at times required
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret project schedules, common scientific and technical journals, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical requirements and legal documents, and government regulations
• Ability to write highly complex reports and business correspondence and understand such reports and correspondence when received from other sources
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
• Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, permutations and quadratic equations
• Ability to apply mathematical operation to such tasks and frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor
• Ability to apply intermediate mathematical skills including algebraic equations, fractions and volume metric measures
• Ability to understand and interpret graphs, charts and tables
• Must have working knowledge of computers and strong proficiency in AutoCAD 2005 or higher and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Windows XP
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
• Strong ability to professionally explain reasons on differences of opinion with project supervision and technical authorities
• Strong ability to reason with client’s project management leadership, technical authorities and construction supervisory representatives
• Commitment to Excellence - Identifies what needs to be accomplished and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations
• Corporate Values - Understands, embraces, and integrates Doyon corporate values into everyday duties and responsibilities
• Customer Service - Identifies and responds to current and future needs by providing excellent service to internal and external customers
• Safety and Security - Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers
• Teamwork - Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside or outside the organization
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
• Attention to Detail- Ensures one’s own and other’s work and information are complete and accurate
• Planning and Organizing- Systematically develop plans, prioritize, organize and manage resources in order to accomplish business goals within a specific period of time
• Bachelor’s degree required in Mechanical, Electrical, Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related field
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience with a demonstrated history of successful completion of projects in a safe and environmentally responsible manner
• Must have demonstrated ability to prepare facility project cost estimates and schedules
• Must have demonstrated ability to prepare scopes of work and conduct feasibility studies and manage change
• Demonstrated leadership in managing people and processes
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The majority of the work is performed in a professional office setting with a wide variety of people in differing functions, personalities and abilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing up to forty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Occasional travel required.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: It is Doyon’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
PREFERENCE STATEMENT: Doyon grants preference to qualified Doyon Shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other Alaska Native corporations that grant a similar preference in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training.
Apply Online at www.doyon.com
We are a Federal Contractor and comply with the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA).
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law and the poster is available at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf. For questions on the job posting contact (253) 344-5300.
If you need assistance or special accommodations during the application process, please contact the appropriate Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only qualified applicants will be notified.
- Except as provided otherwise under applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
||Send This Job to a Friend