|Point of Hire
||DPS - Doyon Project Services
|Type of Position
||The Project Manager plans, directs, and coordinates activities pertaining to the construction of complex government construction projects in accordance with company policies, procedures and governmental regulations. Oversees construction operations in multiple locations. Ensure that all hiring practices conform with company’s Affirmative Action plan as well as state and federal Equal Employment Opportunity laws, including without limitation, anti-discrimination and harassment laws relating to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status.
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Profit and loss management
• Resource allocation
• Client management and communication
• Ensures compliance and fulfillment of contract obligations
• Evaluates contract documents to plan procedures, starting and completion times, and staffing requirements for each phase of construction
• Ensures proper staffing (supervisory, administrative, engineering, cost control and other workers) at all phases of each project
• Manages and coordinate subcontractors
• Ensures procurement of tools, equipment and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules
• Directs supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays
• Oversees supervisory personnel and labor representatives to resolve complaints and grievances within the work force
• Manages supervisory and engineering personnel, inspectors , and suppliers to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods
• Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules
• Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports
• Conducts construction activities within federal. State and local environmental rules and regulations
• EEO/AA Enforcement/Compliance Standards, as set forth further in the Job Summary and Core Requirements sections
• Development of employees
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Extensive knowledge of established construction practices, procedures and techniques as well as applicable local, state and federal building codes
• Managerial experience
• Ability to produce a complete project estimate
• Ability to write an effective proposal
• Strong communication skills; thorough and attentive to details; able to prioritize and multitask; proactive and deadline-oriented
• Ability to read and understand work orders, safety rules, operating and construction instructions, and procedure manuals
• Ability to interact effectively with customers, vendors and employees at all levels of the organization
• Must be familiar with Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action laws or be willing to undergo training in this area; ensures that all hiring, promotion and employee relations practices are in compliance with EEO/AA laws and with company’s Affirmative Action Plan, including without limitation all state and federal laws and all company policies and procedures relating to hiring, promotion, anti-discrimination and anti-harassment laws and policies relating to employees’ race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veteran status
• Commitment to Excellence - Identifies what needs to be accomplished and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations
• Corporate Values - Understands, embraces, and integrates Doyon corporate values into everyday duties and responsibilities
• Customer Service - Identifies and responds to current and future needs by providing excellent service to internal and external customers
• Safety and Security - Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers
• Teamwork - Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside or outside the organization
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
• Leadership- Maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes, and coaches employees to meet high performance standards and goals
• Strategic Implementation/Thinking - Formulates effective strategies consistent with the business and competitive strategies, examines policy issues and strategic planning with a long term perspective, determines objectives, sets priorities, and anticipates potential threats or opportunities
• Supervisory Skills - Oversees, guides, and evaluates activities of immediate subordinates
• Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or OR at least 10 years of successful federal project management experience.
• Minimum of 10 years direct Project Management experience in commercial, civil or federal government projects
• Excellent communication skills, highly organized and self-motivated
• Experience working on U.S. Navy (NAVFAC), Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), or USAF federal contracts
• CPM scheduling experience
• Organized and self-motivated
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent computing skills; proficient user of Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Project, Primavera, or equivalent
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The employee is subject to both environmental conditions: Activities occur inside and outside. The majority of the work is performed in a professional office setting with a wide variety of people in differing functions, personalities and abilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing up to forty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: It is Doyon’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
PREFERENCE STATEMENT: Doyon grants preference to qualified Doyon Shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other Alaska Native corporations that grant a similar preference in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
We are a Federal Contractor and comply with the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA).
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law and the poster is available at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf. For questions on the job posting contact (253) 344-5300.
- Except as provided otherwise under applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
||Send This Job to a Friend