||Alaska North Slope
|Point of Hire
||DDI - Doyon Drilling Inc
|Type of Position
||12 hour shift
||2 weeks on, 2 weeks off
Under the supervision of the Driller, this position assist with the daily operations of the drill rig, rotary and pumping equipment used to drill gas and oil wells. This position will work as part of a team to assist the Driller in directing drilling crew activities in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
• Assist Driller with required activity permits for submission
• Assist the Driller in operating drilling and mud circulating equipment as instructed in the well program and in accordance to Company policies and procedures
• Assist with performing and documenting safety, spill prevention and pre-job meetings as required
• Promotes DDI’s safety and hazard recognition programs
• Actively participate in pre-tour meeting with the drilling crew for all drilling rig operations
• Assist with the documentation of drilling/tripping activities and maintaining records as required
• Assist with the preparation and submission of required reports in a timely manner
• Assist with scheduling and documenting rig crew working hours
• Assist with the recommendation and documents for employee disciplinary actions
• Assist Driller with conducting performance reviews on all crew members
• Assist with the training and verification of employee’s competence to perform jobs assigned
• Keep records of the footage drilled and materials used
• Assist Driller to ensures all operations are performed in a safe, professional, efficient manner
• Verify proper maintenance and operation of equipment
• Maintains clear communications with Driller, crew, relief, Toolpusher and customer representative
• Follow DDI and customer operating and reporting procedures
• May supervise other employees in specific tasks
• Relieve Driller as needed
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Commitment to Excellence – Identifies what needs to be done and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations.
• Corporate Values- Understand, embraces, and integrates Doyon corporate values into everyday duties and responsibilities.
• Customer Service – Identifies and responds to current and future client needs by providing excellent service to internal and external clients.
• Safety and Security – Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers.
• Teamwork – Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside or outside the organization.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
• Adaptability- Adapts to changing conditions and work assignments, sets priorities and manages multiple assignments, and tasks.
• Attention to Detail- Ensures one's own and other's work and information are complete and accurate.
• Communication Skills- Listens, writes, and speaks effectively, and positively relates and interacts with co-workers, customers and others.
• Dependability- Consistently adheres to operational standards, ensures smooth operations and positive customer experiences, builds a productive workplace, is reliable, and improves team morale
• Self-motivated- Requires little to no supervision, works well both independently and as part of a team.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 2 years of motorman experience
• Valid Wellcap Driller level certificate
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office programs
• Possess first aid/CPR certification
• Valid Driver’s License
• Alaska on/off shore experience
• NOV rig experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to extreme weather conditions. Temperatures reach as low as 50 degrees below zero during the winter months. Employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places, extreme heat and high noise levels. Employee will work in an environment where there is risk that they will be exposed to toxic, caustic and/or hazardous chemicals, fumes or airborne particles. Workers are required to wear personal protective equipment while on the job.
An individual will be required to work the majority of hours in a remote industrial environment, and will need to be able to quickly respond to a change in work demands. Occasional lifting up to (1-50 lbs.) is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
It is Doyon Drilling’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Doyon grants preference to qualified Doyon Shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other Alaska Native corporations that grant a similar preference in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.
||Send This Job to a Friend