||Alaska North Slope
|Point of Hire
||DDI - Doyon Drilling Inc
|Type of Position
||12 hour shifts
The employee will install, maintains, and repairs electrical and electronic components of oilfield and drilling machinery and equipment.
• Performs preventative maintenance and repairs on electrical wiring and equipment such as motors, generators, air conditioning, alarm systems and VFD unit.
• Maintain, repair and troubleshoot control logic with PLC based control.
• Maintains, repair and troubleshoot VFD control logic.
• Maintain, repair and troubleshoot rig SCR systems.
• Maintain, repair and troubleshoot rig Top Drive power and control systems.
• Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment such as motors, pumps, conveyors, lighting and alarm systems.
• Connects power supply wires to machines and equipment, and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment.
• Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables.
• Tests malfunctioning machinery and discusses malfunction with other workers, such as Toolpusher, Mechanic, Welder, Motorman, and Driller, to diagnose malfunction.
• Replaces faulty electrical components of machine such as relays, circuit boards, switches, and motors, and positions sensing devices.
• Replaces electric motor bearings, brushes and rewires motors.
• Plans layout of wiring and installs wiring, conduit, and electrical apparatus in buildings.
• Maintain electrical spare parts inventory and document work performed on machinery.
• Assists mechanic with repairs of rig equipment as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
DOYON DRILLING CORE COMPETENCIES
• Commitment to Excellence – Identifies what needs to be done and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations.
• Company Values- Understand, embraces, and integrates Doyon Drilling’s mission, vision and core values into everyday duties and responsibilities.
• Customer Services – Identifies and responds to current and future client needs by providing excellent service to internal and external clients.
• Teamwork – Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside or outside the organization.
• Safety and Security – Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
• Adaptability- Adapts to changing conditions and work assignments, sets priorities and manages multiple assignments, and tasks.
• Attention to Detail- Ensures one's own and other's work and information are complete and accurate.
• Communication Skills- Listens, writes, and speaks effectively, and positively relates and interacts with co-workers, customers and others.
• Dependability- Consistently adheres to operational standards, ensures smooth operations and positive customer experiences, builds a productive workplace, is reliable, and improves team morale
• Self-motivated- Requires little to no supervision, works well both independently and as part of a team.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Three years of rig electrician experience
• Proficient in Microsoft office programs
• NSTC (North Slope Training Certificate)
• Valid Alaska drivers’ license.
• Current Journeyman Certificate of Fitness Card
• AC Rig experience
• Alaska on/off shore experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to extreme weather conditions both on and off shore. Temperatures reach as low as 50 degrees below zero during the winter months. Employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places, extreme heat and high noise levels. Employee will be required to work at various heights on the rig. Employee will work in an environment where there is risk that they will be exposed to toxic, caustic and/or hazardous chemicals, fumes or airborne particles. Workers are required to wear personal protective equipment while on the job.
An individual will be required to work the majority of hours in a remote industrial environment, and will need to be able to quickly respond to a change in work demands. Occasional lifting up to (1-50 lbs.) is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is Doyon Drilling’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Doyon grants preference to qualified Doyon Shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other Alaska Native corporations that grant a similar preference in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.
||Send This Job to a Friend