Big Creek ASC
PRN, Day shift, Mon-Fri operations
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Promotes the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
2. Provides competent and ethical care within legal standards of practice as applicable:
a. participating in preoperative assessment and planning for selected surgical patients in collaboration with perioperative team members in the preoperative location;
b. recognizing safety hazards and initiating appropriate preventative and corrective actions;
c. providing exposure through appropriate use of instruments, retractors, suctioning, and sponging techniques;
d. handling and dissecting tissues in collaboration with the surgeon;
e. clamping blood vessels, coagulating bleeding points, ligating vessels, and performing other procedures in collaboration with the surgeon;
f. suturing muscle, fascia, subcutaneous, and skin tissue in collaboration with the surgeon;
g. placing drains as surgically indicated;
h. assisting with cannulation and decanulation procedures, if indicated; and
i. following selected surgical patients postoperatively in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
4. Works as a professional colleague with the perioperative team and influences multidisciplinary relationships by enhancing collaborative processes.
5. Maintains regulatory, credentialing, and privileging requirements.
6. Acts as a patient advocate and maintains privacy and confidentiality of all appropriate information.
• Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
• Current licensure in state of employment
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
• Two years perioperative services experience
• Expert knowledge of surgical anatomy, physiology, and operative technique
• Basic computer skills (Microsoft® Word, etc.)
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Physically demanding, high-stress environment
• Exposure to blood, body fluids and tissue, communicable diseases, chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions
• Full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients
• Manual and finger dexterity
• Hand and eye coordination
• Standing and walking for extensive periods of time
• Lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 lbs
• Corrected vision and hearing to within normal range
• Working under stressful conditions
Send This Job to a Friend