Benefit Verification Clerk - Corporate-Hospital
FULL TIME / 7:30am - 4:30pm / Monday-Friday
1. Benefit verification of all insurance coverage for each patient scheduled for a procedure.
2. Verifying insurance information and patient demographics into the computer system.
3. Financial counseling with each patient regarding any co-insurance/deductibles due at time of service and arrangement of any extension involving payment plans.
4. The staffing of the CBO is based on a teamwork concept. Employees may be cross-trained in other CBO areas and may be expected to perform duties other than their normal ones as staffing and patient needs change
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Responsible for benefit verification of all insurance on patients.
2. Verifies insurance information that was originally entered at the site location and patient demographics into the computer system, checking for accuracy.
3. Calculates cash estimates for patients on upcoming procedure
4. Responsible for financial arrangements; to collect deposits, co-payments, and other monies, transmitting this documentation to admissions, prior to date of service to enable them to collect from patient
5. Answers incoming calls as necessary and makes phone calls to physician offices and patients as needed
6. Maintains confidentiality of patient and center related business
7. Follows established center/department policies and procedures
8. Documents concisely, precisely, and accurately on all documents as indicated by policy
9. Develops and maintains an effective working relationship with patients, facility staff, physician and staff, and other CBO and corporate employees
10. Seek guidance and validation when situations arise which exceed the incumbents capabilities
11. Maintains and increases standards of performance and education
12. Completes required continuing education standards as directed by FSA
13. Participates in Quality Assessment activities as directed for the continuous improvement of the facility and CBO business
14. Other duties as assigned
-- 2+ yrs experience in ASC/hospital insurance verification and financial counseling to patients.
-- Good customer service skills
-- BiLingual (English/Spanish) oral and written skills a huge plus!!
High School graduate or equivalent
Basic office skills
Knowledge of Medical Terminology
Knowledge and experience with office equipment (i.e. Copier, fax, phones, etc.)
Good sense of organization
Send This Job to a Friend