Savings, CDs & Money Market
Real Estate Loans
VISA Check Cards
Savings & Investments
Account Management Services
VISA Business Check Cards
Information Request Form
Change of Address Form
Report Possible Fraud
Locations & Hours
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. Subsidiary Information
Bank Owned Property For Sale
Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
Submit Your Resume
View Submitted Applications
Mountain West Bank - Meridian
Mountain West Bank
Do you love where you work? We do!!
Come work for a company who's won the TOP 10 BEST PLACES TO WORK IN IDAHO 2 years running!
This position will be scheduled 37 hours/week and will float between branches in Boise, Meridian, and Nampa. Must be available Monday through Friday from 8 to 6 and occasional Saturdays from 9 to 2. We will use this position to fill vacancies in the branches. Please apply only if you are willing to work in Boise, Meridian, and Nampa.
This position is responsible for receiving and paying out money, as well as accurately keeps records of money and negotiable instruments involved in a financial institution's various transactions. The teller meets the needs of customers by providing exceptional quality service.
Required experience includes high school diploma, excellent customer service skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, excellent math skills and good computer skills. Preferred experience includes prior cash handling experience, previous customer service experience, Jack Henry and previous knowledge of MWB products and services. Training is provided through Mountain West Bank University!
Apply today to join our fabulous team!
products and services.
Full Time benefits include medical, dental, vision, flexible benefit plan, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short term disability, paid sick leave, paid vacation leave, personal days, holiday pay and 401(k) with profit sharing contributions.
Our benefits include:
• 2016 Top 10 Best Places to Work in Idaho!
• A culture that promotes fun at work!
• Legendary Service Program
• Mountain West Bank University
• Promoting from within whenever possible
• Robust training program
• Living the FISH! Philosophy
• 401(k) Match with Profit Sharing Contribution
• Monthly casual days
• Employer pays a significant portion of Employee’s and dependents medical insurance
• Verizon cell phone discount – 17% off your bill!
• Numerous community service opportunities
• Employee loan discounts
• Discounted gym membership
• AFLAC supplemental insurance
• MWB family days
• Formal orientation program
• Random fun days!
• Annual employee appreciation day
• Pay it Forward day
• Wellness program with cash incentives
• Anniversary awards
• Free turkey at Thanksgiving
• Annual CEO visit
• Focus groups and fireside chats
• Annual benefit statements
• Education reimbursement
• Incentive programs for catching fraud and referring business
• Big Days!
• Logo wear credit
• Employee Assistance Program
Responsible for receiving and paying out money, as well as accurately keeps records of money and negotiable instruments involved in a financial institution's various transactions. The teller meets the needs of customers by providing exceptional quality service.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Receive checking and savings deposits: verify cash and endorsements, receive proper identification for cash back and issue receipts of deposit.
2. Examine checks deposited and determine proper funds availability based on regulation requirements and complete hold notices.
3. Process savings withdrawals. Cash checks: verify endorsement, receive proper identification and ensure validity.
4. Identify counterfeit currency.
5. Answer basic customer inquiries regarding interest rates, service charges and account histories while complying with disclosure requirements, regulations and consumer privacy policies.
6. Cross-sell bank products and services.
7. Refer customers to the proper department for issues that cannot be resolved at the teller line.
8. Count and roll loose coins.
9. Issue personal money orders and cashier’s checks, accept orders and payment for U.S. Savings Bonds and sell American Express Travelers Checks (single & multiple signer).
10. Accept loan payments: verify payment amount and issue receipts.
11. Buy and sell currency from the vault as necessary, ensuring that teller drawer cash limits are not exceeded.
12. Ensure teller station is properly supplied.
13. Follow procedures for removing accounts for dormancy.
14. Balance drawer daily, including periodic batching of cashed checks.
15. Process cash advances, redeem U.S. Savings Bonds.
16. Maintain appropriate currency logs.
17. Follow all bank policies and procedures.
18. Perform other transactions as need in accordance with policy and procedures.
19. Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
1. Customer/Client Focus
3. Technical Capacity
4. Stress Management/Composure
6. Communication Proficiency
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position may require travel to branches in a designated area as determined by branch needs.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with moderate noise.
Perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in emergency situation. Must be able to operate routine office equipment including telephone, copier, facsimile, and calculator. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of travel by automobile (as driver and passenger), commercial airlines, rental vehicles and public transportation and be able to lodge in public facilities. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Excellent customer service skills
3. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
4. Excellent math skills
5. Good computer skills
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Prior cash handling experience
2. Previous customer service experience
3. Jack Henry
4. Previous knowledge of MWB products and services
Is able to bend, sit, and stand in order to perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in an emergency situation. Must be able to operate routine office equipment including computer terminals and keyboards, telephones, copiers, facsimiles, and calculators. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours or travel off site whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with minimal noise.
Mental and/or Emotional Requirements
Must be able to perform job functions independently or with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a team. Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must be able to complete basic mathematical calculations, spell accurately, and understand computer basics. Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines / requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period of time.
Mountain West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Send This Job to a Friend
© SNL Financial LC