The primary responsibility of the Senior Financial Analyst – Retail Assets is to support the assigned Asset Manager by a) preparing and reviewing financial models; b) collecting and interpreting property and market data; c) preparing and interpreting property performance analytics. The Senior Financial Analyst operates with minimal supervision and provides insights for the Asset Manager to use in evaluating property performance of assigned assets in the direct-owned portfolio of retail, office, industrial and/or multi-family properties. The goal of this position is to provide the Asset Manager with the tools and information necessary to increase earnings and maximize value for each asset and the portfolio.
· Prepares initial property-level Assets Plans using financial statements, operating budgets and financial performance for each asset in the assigned portfolio.
· Collects and interprets financial, property, and market data. Provides recommendations to assist Asset Manager in preparing annual property performance targets along Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
· Analyzes portfolio financials using existing Excel templates, Argus, Cougar and JD Edwards. Creates ad hoc Excel-based analysis as needed.
· Updates and inputs financial assumptions for: a) one-year property budget goals; b) three-year cash flow forecasts; and, c) 12-year cash flow projections, using Argus or Cougar models. Reviews output and refines input assumptions prior to the Asset Manager’s review.
· Prepares and interprets monthly and quarterly measuring reports on KPI including base rental revenue variances, leasing variances, tenant maturities, Net Operating Income(NOI), debt maturity, and capital expenditure totals.
· Provides financial analysis, insights and recommendations with respect to evaluating new, and renewal lease proposals.
· Collects and interprets internal and external data on markets, leases rates, sales, tenants, etc. throughout the year to maintain current information.
· Prepares draft analyses for the Asset Manager in preparing financial analysis as needed by Corporate Accounting, including quarterly NOI reforecasting and property valuation analysis.
· Assists the Asset Manager in collaboration with other departments (e.g., acquisitions, dispositions, JV partnerships, new loan financing); performs due diligence, gathers necessary data, routes to appropriate parties. Takes responsibility for assigned duties and deliverables.
· Prepares initial debt financing packages for lenders as needed. Completes the packages to the point of delivery.
· Actively maintains current knowledge in relevant commercial real estate topics.
· Provides training and mentors less experienced Financial Analysts.
· Seeks out additional training and development opportunities. Makes recommendations to the Asset Manager for individual and group training and development opportunities.
· This position has no supervisory responsibilities.