Assistant Controller/ Director of Accounting Private retail real estate investment trust is seeking an Assistant Controller/ Director of Accounting. Candidate will oversee and manage several aspects of the accounting and reporting functions for a private
retail real estate trust. This a hands-on position that needs to be flexible and deadline orientated.
• Preparing and reviewing monthly reporting packages for joint venture partners, private equity investors and third-party lenders
• Review of work papers prepared by third-party managed services and property accountants
• Review general ledger reconciliations and cam/tax reconciliations prepared by third-party managed services
• Special projects
• Other accounting and reporting duties.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required
• 10+ years of real estate accounting experience
• Experience with retail CAM recoveries
• Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines and work independently
• Must be analytical in nature with the ability to see inconsistencies and detect errors.
• Must be well organized and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Previous experience managing employees
• Proficient in MS Excel and Word
• Experience with Yardi a plus, but not required