Assistant Manager, Retail
Mission Hill Family Estate Winery
Kelowna, British Columbia
Mission Hill Family Estate Winery has long been regarded a jewel of the British Columbia wine industry; producing world-class wines from its stunning location atop the sweeping hills of West Kelowna, British Columbia. The iconic winery is known for its international
award-winning wines and dramatic architecture set against a backdrop of majestic mountains, scenic lakes and the geometric beauty of the vineyards that define the valley. Mission Hill’s elegant and internationally acclaimed wine portfolio celebrates the unique
and diverse micro-climates of perhaps the world’s most exciting emerging wine region. Mission Hill Family Estate Winery is now actively recruiting for an Assistant Retail Manager.
The Assistant Manager of Retail is responsible for all facets of the Wine Boutique, ensuring operational excellence in guest service, employee engagement, inventory management and retail merchandising.
- Ensure the efficient day to day operational excellence of retail.
- Motivates and participate in hiring and training a high-performance team who are passionate, accountable, and actively engaged in effectively delivering 5-star guest service.
- Be actively present on the floor working directly with the team and guests
- Responsible for forecasting staffing needs and completing schedules for Retail within agreed timelines.
- Participate in the planning, implementation, monitoring, and achievement of the annual revenue and expense budgets.
- Review POS reports to analyze product activity and maximize return on inventory dollar investment
- Work closely with the Hospitality Team to coordinate group/corporate/winery events to ensure smooth execution of the Retail portion of these events.
- 5 years’ experience in a Retail and Customer Service role.
- 2 years Leadership experience, inclusive of the leadership skills required to develop and engage staff.
- Experience in a Hotel/Food & Beverage environment is an asset.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills from a planning perspective.
- Ability to multitask in a very busy environment, with different projects, stakeholders and timelines, often concurrently, while maintaining a positive attitude and outlook at all times.
- Strong financial acumen and ability to achieve financial objectives at a store level.
- Strong working knowledge of retail POS systems, Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word & Excel)
- Solid understanding of Health and Safety and Employment Standards Legislation.
- Understanding of Labour Relations & experience working in a unionized environment an asset.
- Current Serving It Right Certification.
- WSET Level 2 an asset.
Please submit your application online at www.missionhillwinery.com