Marketing and Design Assistant
Mission Hill Family Estate Winery has long been regarded a jewel of the British Columbia wine industry; producing world-class wines from its stunning location atop the sweeping hills of West Kelowna, British Columbia. The iconic winery is known for its international
award-winning wines and dramatic architecture set against a backdrop of majestic mountains, scenic lakes and the geometric beauty of the vineyards that define the valley. Mission Hill’s elegant and internationally acclaimed wine portfolio celebrates the unique
and diverse micro-climates of perhaps the world’s most exciting emerging wine region. Mission Hill Family Estate Winery is now actively recruiting for an outgoing Marketing and Design Assistant.
Works closely with the Marketing Manager to achieve winery branding, sales, visitation and Privilege Club membership goals. Assists the Marketing Manager with online and direct to consumer strategies, Web SEO/SME and the execution of all marketing campaigns.
Is responsible for designing some winery point of sale, marketing/promotional materials and all print and digital ads as directed by the Marketing Manager. In charge of ongoing photography as well as videography to help with social media content creation and
filming/editing of company video blogs. Works creatively to establish platforms and brand company on Social Media channels. Creates content as directed and is in charge of real time monitoring of all social media channels and producing analytical reports on
web marketing. Maintains the company website, keeping current all product information and the relating media galleries. Co-ordinates materials for trade shows and on-site marketing/club events. Assists with all company communications and newsletters.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
• Works as directed by the Marketing Manager to promote and increase Privilege Club membership and sales. Assists with the design and creation of member communication pieces such as newsletters and club shipment point of sale materials and packaging.
• Focuses on driving national e-commerce growth through effective online branding, marketing and advertisement. Executes web SEO/SME.
• Responsible for the design and creation of most marketing POS materials: Restaurant, event, tasting bar menus. Online, social media and print ads. Brochures, posters, hand -outs, comment cards, product cards, tent cards, feature cards, banners, gift certificates,
vouchers, backer cards, neck tags, shelf talkers, event tickets, winery signage etc.
• Maintains Mission Hill’s online listings with up to date hours of operations and other information. Assists with listing all upcoming events on partner event sites.
• In charge of ongoing photography at the winery and upgrading image library. Includes taking pictures, resizing, designing and adding text for marketing purposes.
• In charge of creating, filming, editing and producing a monthly video blog.
• In charge of increasing blog following. Works with marketing Manager to develop annual blog schedule and uses videos for promotional/sales/educational/ecommerce purposes.
• Works with the Marketing Manager to update, create content, monitor and engage on all of the company’s social media channels including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat and the Blog. Assists towards our goal
of increasing brand awareness, engaging target market and increasing case sales.
Minimum Requirements (Experience, Education, Qualifications, Skills, Abilities)
• Degree or diploma in Marketing and design.
• Must be efficient with Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, Bridge, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and Premier Pro).
• Good knowledge of social media platforms and marketing tools there within: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and YouTube.
• Superior communication skills, oral and written.
• Proficient in English; ability to write creative and proofread (spelling, grammar, punctuation).
• Basic knowledge of web analytic tools: Google Analytics, Omniture, Web Trends etc. and ad serving tools such as DART, Atlas.
Please apply online at http://www.missionhillwinery.com/careers