||Mission Hill Family Estate Winery has long been regarded a jewel of the British Columbia wine industry; producing world-class wines from its stunning location atop the sweeping hills of West Kelowna, British Columbia. The iconic winery is known for its
international award-winning wines and dramatic architecture set against a backdrop of majestic mountains, scenic lakes and the geometric beauty of the vineyards that define the valley. Mission Hill’s elegant and internationally acclaimed wine portfolio celebrates
the unique and diverse micro-climates of perhaps the world’s most exciting emerging wine region.
Each year Mission Hill Family Estate welcomes more than one hundred thousand visitors to experience the winery’s dramatic architecture which culminates in a setting celebrating wine, food and the arts. Experiences include the award-winning Terrace Restaurant,
named “one of the top five winery restaurants in the world” by Travel + Leisure Magazine, our annual summer concert series, and the unique Wine Boutique with treasures from around the globe that both surprise and delight. Guests also enjoy Sommelier-led Winery
Tours and Tastings where they gain an understanding of our winemaking philosophy as well as insights into the unique Terroir that make Okanagan Wine Country so special. In 2016, Mission Hill Family Estate was honoured to host the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
during their royal tour in Canada.
Mission Hill offers fine dining experiences like no other in the Okanagan Valley. The winery is host to a variety of special Private Events. From exclusive private dinners to spectacular concerts held in our outdoor amphitheater, events celebrate Mission Hill
wines, fine dining, and the arts. Service team members pride themselves on working together to create a memorable and exceptional dining experience by anticipating guest needs and going above and beyond guest expectations. At Mission Hill, all staff have opportunities
to grow their skills in Hospitality as well as to continually develop their wine and culinary knowledge. The service teams are led by Private Events Operations Manager.
Position: Private Events Server
Position Dates: April 2017 – October 2017
Apply Online: www.missionhillwinery.com
• Work collaboratively with the Private Events team to provide service to a seamless, well-executed, and memorable fine dining experience for event guests;
• Flawlessly execute special events, concerts, and corporate functions
• Work with the Private Events team to prepare, execute and tear down each event – to include but not limited to polishing glassware, moving event materials, and maintaining safe and organized back spaces;
• Demonstrate a high level of professionalism when representing the winery on- or off-site
• 2-3 years of food and beverage service experience in a fine dining environment;
• Ability to work independently and be a strong team player
• Open and flexible schedule for the duration of the season;
• Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position including repetitive lifting of 50 lbs, being able to stand for extended periods of time, as well as navigate stairs;
• Serving It Right Certifications Required - Current Food Safe Level 1 an asset;
• Must be of legal age to serve alcohol in B.C.
Mission Hill is committed to the highest standards of excellence and to attracting top-caliber talent. We are looking for a Service Team applicants who have a genuine enthusiasm for fine dining and a passion for exemplary world-class guest service. Successful
applicants will display a professional demeanour with a positive and open-minded attitude. To thrive in this position, one must show a proven ability to work collaboratively in a high-performance and fast-paced team environment.
Please take the time to visit our website, www.missionhillwinery.com to take a virtual tour of our winery, meet our family, and become inspired by our philosophy and vision. Once your passion and creative genius are inspired, we look forward to receiving your
online application through our website.