||Manager, Health and Safety
Health and Safety Manager
The Health and Safety Manager plays a key role in leading the building of a safety culture. Through strong partnerships with the various VMF leadership teams this role is responsible for identifying and implementing safety practices, policies and procedures
that each winery and vineyard will follow.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates and establishes a baseline for strong safety practices.
- Sets strategy for future safety goals in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Leads the new and young worker safety orientation.
- Ensures health and safety policy is communicated and documentation is accessible to all employees.
- Leads the review process of hazard/risk assessments and safe work procedures.
- Evaluate, improve and drive practices associated to conducting workplace inspections, accident investigations, training needs assessments and corrective action.
- Maintains key performance indicators for the evaluation of Joint Health and Safety Committee effectiveness.
- Leads coordination with Worksafe BC and other regulatory agencies on VMF’s safety programs and initiatives.
Minimum Requirements (Experience, Education, Qualifications, Skills, Abilities):
- Minimum 3-5 years of progressive experience in Health & Safety leadership roles.
- Beer/wine/spirits industry or CPG industry an asset but not required.
- University/College level coursework in occupational health and safety, preferably with a completed degree, diploma or certificate program.
- Thorough knowledge of provincial safety legislation, best practice procedures and systems.
- Extensive experience in contractor safety management, mobile equipment safety, confined space entry, radiation, lockout, hot work, fall protection, industrial process safety monitoring, WHMIS, hearing conservation, MSI prevention, respirator safety, industrial
storage racking systems, machine safeguarding
- Knowledge of knowledge of farm safety practices, emergency response planning, first aid assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions, business units and geographies – a strong background in a matrix organization is beneficial.
- Effective leadership and communication skills
||Send This Job to a Friend