||Mission Hill Family Estate Winery has long been regarded a jewel of the British Columbia wine industry; producing world-class wines from its stunning location atop the sweeping hills of West Kelowna, British Columbia. The iconic winery is known for its
international award-winning wines and dramatic architecture set against a backdrop of majestic mountains, scenic lakes and the geometric beauty of the vineyards that define the valley. Mission Hill’s elegant and internationally acclaimed wine portfolio celebrates
the unique and diverse micro-climates of perhaps the world’s most exciting emerging wine region.
Each year Mission Hill Family Estate welcomes more than one hundred thousand visitors to experience the winery’s dramatic architecture which culminates in a setting celebrating wine, food and the arts. Experiences include the award-winning Terrace Restaurant,
named “one of the top five winery restaurants in the world” by Travel + Leisure Magazine, our annual summer concert series, and the unique Wine Boutique with treasures from around the globe that both surprise and delight. Guests also enjoy Sommelier-led Winery
Tours and Tastings where they gain an understanding of our winemaking philosophy as well as insights into the unique Terroir that make Okanagan Wine Country so special. In 2016, Mission Hill Family Estate was honoured to host the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
during their royal tour in Canada.
As part of the Security Team at Mission Hill Family Estate, you will be responsible for providing security services to Mission Hill Family Estate Resources and personnel while maintaining high standards of site integrity.
Position: Security Officer
Position Dates: May 2017 - September 2017 (Seasonal)
Apply Online: www.missionhillwinery.com
• Monitor security systems and patrol property on foot and by vehicle to ensure the site is safe and secure; controlling access and gates
• Respond to situations such as presence of wild animals, fires, medical emergencies, police and/or security actions, natural disasters including liaising with the appropriate outside agencies and companies and taking appropriate action
• Visual monitoring of mandatory checkpoints on property
• Maintain intrusion and access control systems
• Maintain daily log and pass on systems, records
• Greet and direct visitors and deliveries
• Parking control for staff and guests
• Previous security experience would be an asset
• Basic Security Training Level 1 & 2 or industry equivalent would be an asset
• Clean background free of criminal record
• Valid B.C Driver’s License
• Level 1 First Aid certification
• Strong customer service and communication skills
• Attention to detail, being vigilant
• Comfortable meeting the physical requirements of the position including lifting up to 50 lbs., bending and twisting, being able to stand for extended periods of time and navigate stairs
• Professional appearance
• Uniform provided
• Indoors often reviewing monitors
• Outdoors with exposure to inclement weather at times
• Includes walking and standing for periods of time
• Shift work including day shift, evenings, nights, weekends, statutory holidays
• Must remain alert and aware at all times during shift
Mission Hill is committed to the highest standards of excellence and to attracting top-caliber talent. We are looking for applicants who have strong problem solving skills and are attentive to detail. Successful candidates will be positive, professional, and
have the ability to work collaboratively in a high-performance, fast-paced team environment.
Please take the time to visit our website, www.missionhillwinery.com to take a virtual tour of our winery, meet our family, and become inspired by our philosophy and vision. We look forward to receiving your application online.