Mission Hill’s culinary team offers Cuisine du Terroir - wine country cooking with the freshest, locally grown, in-season ingredients. Before even stepping into the kitchen, Mission Hill’s cooks are immersed in this inspirational culinary culture, walking
through the hand-tended Estate gardens as part of their commute. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to hone their culinary skills and develop professional relationships that will last a lifetime while working with the accomplished and celebrated
Position: Sous Chef – Private Events Position
Dates: June, 2017 –October, 2017 (Seasonal)
Apply Online: www.missionhillwinery.com
• Provide leadership to the Private Events Brigade working seamlessly with the front-of house team;
• Overseeing and ensuring timeliness of the kitchen brigade,
• Ensure effective expediting of meals to exacting Mission Hill culinary and service standards;
• Order and receive ingredients, as defined by the Executive Winery Chef and Private Events Chef
• Create an exceptional culinary experience for all winery guests
• Work cooperatively and effectively with the entire winery management team and front-of-house team
• Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Sous Chef
• Proven interpersonal and leadership skills, coupled with a calm, professional demeanour;
• interest to develop food and wine pairing knowledge;
• Current Interprovincial Journeyman’s Certificate or equivalent;
• Comfortable meeting the physical requirements of the position including lifting up to 75 lbs., standing for long periods of time, and navigating stairs.
Mission Hill is committed to the highest standards of excellence and to attracting top-caliber talent. We are looking for culinary applicants who have a genuine passion for fine dining and for staying abreast of trends in the culinary profession. Successful
applicants will display a professional demeanour with a positive and open-minded attitude. To thrive in this position, one must show a proven ability to work collaboratively in a high-performance and fast-paced team environment.
Please take the time to visit our website, www.missionhillwinery.com to take a virtual tour of our winery, meet our family, and become inspired by our philosophy and vision. Once your passion and creative genius are inspired, we look forward to receiving
your online application through our website.