||Mission Hill Family Estate Winery has long been regarded a jewel of the British Columbia wine industry; producing world-class wines from its stunning location atop the sweeping hills of West Kelowna, British Columbia. The iconic winery is known for its
international award-winning wines and dramatic architecture set against a backdrop of majestic mountains, scenic lakes and the geometric beauty of the vineyards that define the valley. Mission Hill’s elegant and internationally acclaimed wine portfolio celebrates
the unique and diverse micro-climates of perhaps the world’s most exciting emerging wine region.
Each year Mission Hill Family Estate welcomes more than one hundred thousand visitors to experience the winery’s dramatic architecture which culminates in a setting celebrating wine, food and the arts. Experiences include the award-winning Terrace Restaurant,
named “one of the top five winery restaurants in the world” by Travel + Leisure Magazine, our annual summer concert series, and the unique Wine Boutique with treasures from around the globe that both surprise and delight. Guests also enjoy Sommelier-led Winery
Tours and Tastings where they gain an understanding of our winemaking philosophy as well as insights into the unique Terroir that make Okanagan Wine Country so special. In 2016, Mission Hill Family Estate was honoured to host the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
during their royal tour in Canada.
Our European-style retail Wine Boutique presents to visitors gifts from around the world; displaying both our world-class wine as well as wine accessories. From bottles of our Oculus signature Bordeaux-inspired red wine to the unique Found Items available at
the gift boutique, guests at the winery are always able to return home from their visit with elegant keepsakes. The retail team is led by Retail & Tour Manager, Jane Charbonneau.
Position: Fine Wine Sales Sommelier
Position Dates: April 2017 – October 2017 (Seasonal)
Apply Online: www.missionhillwinery.com
• Sell in the retail floor sales area, tasting rooms, Estate Room, Oculus Salon, and other venues as required leading educational and private tastings and daily tours
• Provide coaching and training with wine knowledge
• Manage wine inventory, including the winery’s extensive Library Stock
• Anticipate guest needs and deliver unparalleled guest service. Take proactive steps to follow up on guest requests and ensure 100% guest satisfaction is delivered.
• Ensure the Mission Hill culture, core values and guiding principles are instilled within the Sommelier Team
• Mentor and positively influence other team member in both the retail and F&B environment. Attend daily stand-ups
• 2 years’ experience in wine trade or retail wine sales
• Food and beverage or Sommelier experience in a fine dining environment
• Sommelier certification (Level 2 ISG or WSET, Level 3 preferred)
• Open and flexible schedule for the duration of the season
• Must be of legal age to serve alcohol in B.C. and hold current Serving It Right certification
Mission Hill is committed to the highest standards of excellence and to attracting top-caliber talent. We are looking for applicants who have a genuine passion for fine wines, extensive sales experience, and world-class guest service. Successful applicants
will display a professional demeanour with a positive and open-minded attitude. To thrive in this position, one must show a proven ability to work collaboratively in a high-performance and fast-paced team environment.
Please take the time to visit our website, www.missionhillwinery.com to take a virtual tour of our winery, meet our family, and become inspired by our philosophy and vision. Once your passion and creative genius are inspired, we look forward to receiving your
online application through our website.