Mission Hill Family Estate Winery is recruiting an energetic Shipper/Receiver to join our Retail team in West Kelowna. This is an exciting industry with passionate people leading the charge; our people are committed to our products, each other and have a
focus on customer service. With this drive towards quality, you can understand how we became a world class organization, leading and shaping the Canadian Wine Industry. We are considered a top leader in the development of wine, culinary and tourism sectors
for British Columbia as well as Canada wide.
The Shipper Receiver will provide professional service in shipping/receiving products for the company and our guests. The Shipper Receiver is the liaison with management and for all items entering and leaving the Wine Boutique. They will deal directly with
guests to fulfill special requests & orders. They will also prepare all related paperwork, respond to e-mails, perform general housekeeping of the shipping/receiving area and ensure a high quality of outgoing shipments of all times. They will also assist with
inventory control. Assist with guests on the floor in the Boutique as required.
Key Functions & Duties:
- Ship and receive incoming and outgoing wine and accessory inventory for the retail Wine Boutique with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for being well versed in all POS transactions, RMS back of house, courier procedures and shipping/packing processes.
- Assist with inventory maintenance of all products in the Wine Boutique as directed by Retail Management
- Determine shipping methods for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates
- Assist with daily, weekly, monthly inventory counts
- Assist with monitoring the sales floor stock levels and communicate to management fast moving items
- Handle all guest orders in a timely manner
- Perform other duties as assigned ex. general housekeeping in the shipping/receiving area
- All duties of a Retail Associate
- Minimum 1-year experience as a shipper/receiver in a retail environment
- Intermediate computer skills (MS Suite, POS Software, courier software) RMS Back of house knowledge is an asset
- Must be willing and able to achieve current forklift ticket. Previous experience as a Forklift Operator is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including telephone and e-mail correspondence
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal skills with a passion for delivering great customer service
- First Aid Level 1 or 2 is an asset
You must be able to work flexible hours as there is some shift work required, including weekends and overtime through peak periods. You have the ability to perform the physical requirements of the position. You are a team player with excellent customer service
and multitasking skills.
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity in an exciting industry, please apply now at www.missionhillwinery.com