||Private Events Coordinator
Schedule Requirements: Full Time, Monday – Friday,
Location: West Kelowna, B.C.
Apply: Online at www.missionhillwinery.com/careers
About the Mission Hill Family Estate:
Each year Mission Hill Family Estate welcomes more than one hundred thousand visitors to experience the winery’s dramatic architecture which culminates in a setting celebrating wine, food and the arts. Experiences include the award-winning Terrace Restaurant,
named “one of the top five winery restaurants in the world” by Travel + Leisure Magazine, our annual summer concert series, and the unique Wine Boutique with treasures from around the globe that both surprise and delight. Guests also enjoy Sommelier-led Winery
Tours and Tastings where they gain an understanding of our winemaking philosophy as well as insights into the unique Terroir that make Okanagan Wine Country so special. In 2016, Mission Hill Family Estate was honoured to host the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
during their royal tour in Canada.
Mission Hill offers fine dining experiences like no other in the Okanagan Valley. The winery is host to a variety of special Private Events. From exclusive private dinners to spectacular concerts held in our outdoor amphitheater, events celebrate Mission Hill
wines, fine dining, and the arts. Service team members pride themselves on working together to create a memorable and exceptional dining experience by anticipating guest needs and going above and beyond guest expectations. At Mission Hill, all staff have opportunities
to grow their skills in Hospitality as well as to continually develop their wine and culinary knowledge
About the role:
Reporting directly to the Private Events Sales Manager, the Private Events Coordinator works closely with the culinary and private events team to ensure each department has accurate up to date information to be able to execute the private events plan. The Private
Events Coordinator plays a key role in delivering outstanding guest experience, an amazing culture and work environment for the entire team while delivering on financial profitability.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for event pre-planning and logistics, creating the internal Event Order for execution, from the contract provided from the Private Event Sales Manager.
• Interacts and coordinates effectively with guests/clients, sales, vendors, competitors, local community, and other winery departments in order to monitor guest satisfaction
• Work with the Private Events Chef to develop menus as based on guest feedback and provide to the Private Events Operations Manager once complete
• Process deposits & execute the billing process for each function as well as reconcile event billing post event.
• Confirm guest numbers for food and beverage tours with Retail and process payment
• Manage pre-orders gifts and assist with all guests needs (transportation, hotels, etc.).
• Coordinate and plan event flows to meet the need of each unique guest with the Private Events Sales Manager.
• Execute exemplary guest service to drive guest satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the guest and monitoring their satisfaction before and after their /event.
• Respond to guests in a timely manner about the event details including, menu, final guest count, allergies/dietary concerns, event timelines and related billing processes.
• Monitor and assess service/satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues together with Private Events Sales Manager to solve any challenges.
• Work with the Private Event Sales Manager and Hospitality Accountant to complete month end reporting process.
• Assist Private Events Sales Manager with Summer Concert Series pre-planning details such as launch plan, ticket allocations and blocks, audio visual, accommodation, transportation, budgets and event plans
Experience, Education, Skills & Abilities:
• Minimum 2-year experience in a Conference Services or similar role in a premium/luxury environment.
• Completed a Diploma of Hospitality or related from a recognized institution.
• Completion of WSET Level 1.
• Demonstrated ability to work across functions, business units and geographies.
• Effective business systems thinker and a good understanding of business process knowledge.
• Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with others in a diverse environment.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at one time.
• Excellent oral, written communication skills & Attention to Detail.
• Proficient with computers and business applications, experience with Catering/Hotel management software and asset (ie Caterease or Delphi).
Please take the time to visit our website, www.missionhillwinery.com to take a virtual tour of our winery, meet our family, and become inspired by our philosophy and vision. Once your passion and creative genius are inspired, we look forward to receiving your
online application through our website.