Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Sr. Storage Solutions Engineer
You’ve invested time and hard work to get where you are, and you want to work alongside people who’ve done the same and will motivate you to be better every day. You are looking to be challenged and grow professionally, and you need to be valued and recognized for your contributions. If this is you, Sirius is for you.
Sirius helps companies become more competitive by taking advantage of technology solutions across the data center and throughout the enterprise. We focus on best-of-breed IT solutions that are built on today's leading technologies, from the world's top technology innovators, and delivered by certified technology experts.
Our over 1,200 talented employees work across the US, designing, implementing, and supporting solutions from leading manufacturers, including Cisco, Citrix, CommVault, Dell, EMC, Hitachi, HP, IBM, NetApp, VMware, and many more. As a nationally recognized solutions provider with a 33-year history of success, we are known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally.
If it’s time to get Sirius about taking the next step in your career, contact us today.
To meet the needs created by our strategic growth, we are looking for a Storage Solutions Engineer for our team.
The Storage Solutions Engineer role includes both customer billable and pre-sales technical support activities. The Storage Solutions Engineer must have the strong ability to work consultatively with our clients to develop comprehensive Storage solutions based on detailed analysis of their business and technical requirements. This includes gathering key requisite business and technical information, developing Storage architecture, and designing, implementing and configuring Storage products.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience. Equivalent work experience is defined as 2 years of related work experience for every 1 year of missing post-secondary education, in addition to the required experience below.
• 3 + years of SAN/NAS storage experience, such as Netapp, HP, EMC, HDS, IBM, Dell
• 3 + years High end disk storage experience with IBM XIV
Other Required Qualifications
• Network backup (Netbackup, TSM, Legato, etc) skills.
• FibreChannel SAN architecture/Design/Implementation.
• Storage Based Replication technology (Global Mirror/SRDF/SnapMirror,etc) is a plus
• Storage Product Solution delivery expertise - IBM, EMC, HP, etc.
• NetApp certifications are desired but not required.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• General office environment and activities
• Constant use of keyboard
• Travel to various client locations and some weekend work required – quantity varies by location
• Air travel capability required
• Ability to travel up to 60%.
For those ready to Get Sirius, we offer a competitive benefits package which includes such plans as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, long term care, 401(k), paid holidays, and sick leave and vacation accrual. In addition, Sirius employees may utilize other benefits such as including education reimbursement, online training and travel programs.
Sirius is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages diversity in the workplace.
Send This Job to a Friend