||Resident Program Director
||Description for Resident Program Director posting
Currently, be.group is seeking a Resident Program Director for Royal Oaks, our continuing care retirement community located in Bradbury, CA. Please review the job details below to see if you meet the minimum job qualifications for this position and use the
“apply online” link to begin the application process.
The Resident Program Director contributes to the success of be.group by developing and directing a recreational an therapeutic program for the residents in the retirement community, promotes health, “quality of life”, purposeful living and an activity-enriched
lifestyle in alignment with the be.group’s mission, vision and core beliefs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE;
• BA/BS degree or equivalent combination education, training and related professional experience. Degree in Gerontology or Kinesiology; experience in Recreation Therapy or Health Promotion, preferred.
• Incumbent must meet the educational requirements of the California Department of Health Title 22 Regulations for Skilled Nursing Facilities.
• RCFE certification, preferred.
• CPR and First Aid certification required
• Senior Fitness Instructor Certification (or willingness to obtain within the first six months of employment)
• Minimum of three (3) years of professional managerial experience in a related field
• Must possess a Class B Driver’s License
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (include but are not limited to):
DELIVERY OF SERVICES AND PROGRAMS:
• Promotes educational and recreational activities, classes and lectures for the elderly; recruits and arranges outside resource personnel to instruct activities and to make available services for residents with disabilities and/or special needs; encourages
community and/or retirement community involvement in senior center activities;
• Communicates and coordinates activities with directors and staff in other departments, such as Nursing, Food Services, Maintenance, Administration, and Social Services; prepares calendar of events, announcements, bulletin boards and/or newsletters
• Promotes positive public relations through community usage of facility and scheduling of community/home events;
• Schedules and arranges for transportation for residents' programs, trips and public events;
• May coordinate and arrange adult education programs, using public educators, volunteers and guest lecturers/instructors; may teach in areas of expertise;
• Purchases food, beverages and party supplies for Activities Department sponsored events
STAFF MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
• Provide leadership and management of staff to support the achievement of community and corporate performance goals. Observe and effectively manage the mood of the team.
• Create an environment for staff that honors, respects and values their opinions and suggestions; demonstrate fair treatment and ethical business practices; support staff development and reward achievement.
• Communicate performance standards to staff; observe, measure and evaluate performance to ensure standards are achieved; conduct regular performance observation, assessment and discussion with staff.
· Ability to demonstrate leadership, interpersonal skills and successfully motivate a team in a positive manner
· Ability to direct and oversee the work of others
· Interact and collaborate professionally with a diverse range of customers, including older adults and co-workers, individually and as a part of a team
· Self-driven with the ability to recognize improvement on processes and take initiative to execute changes
· Focused attention to detail, well-organized & demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple-tasks, achieve desired results and adapt favorably to changing priorities
· Ability to effectively respond to emergency and/or crisis situations
· Ability to apply principles of rational systems.
· Ability to use inductive reasoning, combining pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
· Ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations, observations of human behavior).