||Field Technician - Class B
Promote good attitudes and aesthetics that are represented of WPI. Communicate with lead technician on progress or any special circumstances that may affect the job. Promote safe work practices and insure that JSA and all HSE requirements for job are followed.
Fill out detailed daily service tickets reports, review with customer and have signed daily. Tag and turn in all warranty, or core part items for processing immediately upon completion of job, to include all unit information (i.e. serial #, location, customer,
engine hours, etc.).
Duties and responsibilities:
The Field Technician – Class B is responsible and accountable for, but not limited to, the following:
• Perform tasks as assigned by supervisor/management and or lead technician.
• Determines the best possible procedure to perform job safely and effectively
• Perform GEW Service Bulletin upgrades as set by factory.
• Inspects own work at each step checking tolerances and correct fit.
• Demonstrates excellent productivity for job task being performed.
• Complete all required paperwork including labor reporting and documentation of quality control and material movement.
• Work safely and maintain the work with high standards of housekeeping.
• Performs required Preventative Maintenance activities on machinery and/or equipment operated (such as, air tools, air compressor, truck, and crane).
• LO/TO of every job assigned and reviewed with crew.
• Must own basic tooling for position, (open end and boxed end wrenches from 1/4 -1”), (3/8”and 1/2” ratchet and socket sets), (Air impacts 3/8, 1/2), (Screw drivers sets), Hammers, sledges, and a fluke 87 volt ohm meter, at a minimum).
• Other duties as may be assigned by supervisor/management.
• Minimum of 2 years working on Industrial Engines (gas/diesel, etc).
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Has attended and passed basic OEM Gas Engine Technology (GET) or equivalent.
• Must have a valid driver license and have a driving record that complies with WPI insurance requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of OEM equipment.
• Knowledge and experience of tooling.
• Basic mechanical principles and mathematics.
• Must be able to perform basic electrical diagnostics.
• Must be proficient in computer skills (basic operation, Windows, and Micro Soft Office)
• Must be proficient using precision measuring tools.
• Truck crane operation experience.
WPI is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, physical or mental disability, creed, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information,
gender identity, or gender expression in the programs or activities which it operates.
WPI es una institució n EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acció n afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religión, discapacidad física o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientació n sexual, infomació n genética, identidad
de género, o expresió n de género en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.
||Send This Job to a Friend