Since 1924, Waukesha-Pearce Industries, LLC. (WPI) has been dedicated to providing leading equipment options that meet the most demanding applications in gas compression, small engines, earthmoving, recycling, mining, and power generation equipment. With
a territory covering the 48 contiguous states, WPI is strategically located in high-production regions throughout the U.S. Our expert personnel are trained in technical sales, service, and engineering. WPI has been supporting engines for over 90 years by
offering the right solutions for gas compression and power generation applications. We partner with trusted names like GE, Generac, and Kohler for dependable service. WPI offers only the highest quality construction and mining products such as crawler dozers,
compactors, excavators, loaders and more from these world-class equipment brands: Komatsu, Bomag, Sennebogen, Gradall, Takeuchi, Doppstadt, NPK, LaBounty and Vacall. Our reliable equipment is backed with unmatched technical support and dedicated Shop and
Field Service Technicians.
Our greatest strength as a company are our people. Our success depends on the technical expertise of our salespeople, the knowledge of our parts people, the skill of our service technicians and the professionalism of all WPI staff.
We are committed to hiring top quality people in every position in our company. Our success depends on our employees, and how well they serve our customers.
Scope of Work (District Service Manager):
Manages the organization, productivity and assets of the Service Department to obtain maximum efficiency
and profitability. Supervises Foreman, Leaderman, Administrative Assistant and Shop Clerk.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
· Adheres to and utilizes the established Service Department management
operating system for assigned work.
· Measures productivity.
· Increases output, evaluates performance and tracking mileage.
· Develops and maintains a training program for all Service Department
· Established departmental goals relevant to each shop activity or department
and monitors performance on a monthly basis.
· Meets with District Manager and Parts Manager at least monthly for
reviewing activities, financial reports, problems, progress and mutual needs.
· Monitors the capabilities of the entire department regarding customer
needs and service requirements for equipment being utilized in the territory.
· Maintains close contact and good relations with customers, may include
· Administers safety program in accordance with existing company, state
and federal guidelines.
· Conducts a monthly safety meeting and completes required reports.
· Prepares and adheres to the company Salary Plan to provide a timely
Performance Reviews and equitable increase program.
· Performs other duties or functions as requested by Management.