||Field Technician - Leaderman
Since 1924, Waukesha-Pearce Industries, Inc. (WPI) has been dedicated to providing leading equipment options that meet the most demanding applications in power generation, small engines, earthmoving, recycling, mining, and gas compression equipment. With
a territory covering 30 states, WPI is strategically located in high-production regions throughout the U.S. Our expert personnel are trained in technical sales, service, and engineering. Working in partnership with some of the most recognized names in the
industry, WPI offers the knowledge, reliability, and experience to help you maximize your uptime and opportunities now and in the future. WPI offers only the highest quality construction and mining products such as crawler dozers, compactors, excavators,
loaders and more from these world-class equipment brands: Komatsu, Bomag, Sennebogen, Gradall, Takeuchi, Doppstadt, NPK, LaBounty and Vacall.
Our greatest strength as a company are our people. Our success depends on the technical expertise of our salespeople, the knowledge of our parts people, the skill of our service technicians and the professionalism of all WPI staff.
We are committed to hiring top quality people in every position in our company. Our success depends on our employees, and how well they serve our customers.
WPI Field Technician Leaderman - BOP is responsible for safely maintaining, testing, repairing, and providing routine service to equipment in the field. Likewise, the FTL- BOP will aid in generating business to increase revenue through sales of additional
WPI products and services.
Duties and responsibilities
- Service blow out preventers, pack offs, reel swivels, lubricators, iron and downhole tools
- Provide onsite labor when needed
- Inspect equipment to troubleshoot components that might have caused the problem
- Performing and documenting all pressure tests for these components after service
- Inspect, analyze, test, measure, repair and perform full or partial overhauls on any of the assemblies and sub-assemblies of well control equipment
- Perform post-overhaul/repair checks for leaks or malfunctions and document inspections, test results, repair work done, and parts replaced for proper billing and record upkeep
- Assist in time, cost, and labor estimates for completion of job assignments
- Aiding management in developing a preventive maintenance system for these components
- Interface with safety division to ensure safety compliance
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor
- Must have the minimum of five (5) years’ experience working with servicing BOPs and/or drill rig equipment
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prefer applied certification(s)
- Must be available for 24 hour on call duty
- Experience in managing expendable materials inventory
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have a working knowledge of the standard practices, materials, tools, and equipment used in the repair and maintenance of machinery and engines
- Must have knowledge of safety issues in the use of tools, equipment, and supplies used in repair of equipment.
- Must possess skills in the use of a variety of hand tools, mechanized tools, jacks, and hoists.
- Must be dependable and work independently.
- Must maintain good client relations and have the ability to communicate with other mechanics about repair work needed.
- Must be able to read hydraulic and electrical schematics.
- Excellent communication skills required - written & verbal
- Self-motivator, self-starter
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility and flexibility
- Ability to multi-task, find solutions and establish priorities
- Must have general knowledge of Drilling operations
WPI is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, physical or mental disability, creed, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information,
gender identity, or gender expression in the programs or activities which it operates.
WPI es una institución EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acción afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religión, discapacidad física o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientación sexual, infomación genética, identidad
de género, o expresió n de género en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.
||Send This Job to a Friend