Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
JOB SUMMARY: This Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for managing the Accounts Payable department and ensuring that all vendor payments are handled accurately and timely. This position is also responsible for ensuring that all vendor files are complete and accurate to fulfill all legal and regulatory requirements for 1099 processing. This position operates under limited supervision and is expected to exercise a high degree of independent judgment in performing day to day functions.
• Supervises employees, and performs annual performance review and determines compensation increases.
• Administers discipline; authority to hire and terminate employees.
• Evaluates subsidiary ledgers for obvious errors and omissions and enters corrected data into the general ledger.
• Maintains cash requirements schedules and accounts payable aging analysis.
• Performs general ledger posting and monthly/year-end reconciliations.
• Handles escalated vendor calls.
• Works with internal departments to get invoices approved and processed.
• Works with AP personnel to ensure accurate and timely vendor payments.
• Partners with Purchasing to ensure PO/invoice discrepancies are reconciled and solved in a timely manner to ensure vendors are paid timely.
• Manages vendor files.
• Manages AP electronic payment file transfers with bank (wires, ach, checks, commercial card vendor payments (ccr)).
• Manages all aspects of manufacturer invoices and statements (ie: Caterpillar Payables).
• Resolves vendor payment questions and issues in a positive manner. Provides employees with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems or in resolving escalated complaints or disputes from vendors in a positive manner.
• Manages the Western States’ Commercial Card program and all employee expense reimbursements.
• Manages unclaimed property tracking and filings with applicable states.
• Creates, reviews, and updates procedures, policies, and customer care standards for the AP department.
• Works closely with purchasing and inventory control on improving procurement processes.
• Promotes and manages all customer care standards.
• Actively cares and advocates safety at Western States, and adheres to all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
• May accomplish training and serve as a team member in support of Western States’ strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
• Works within and promote corporate vision, mission, and values of the organization.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft computer products or other comparable systems required.
• Basic knowledge, skills and abilities, behavioral attributes, and experience to contribute to the administration of the accounts payable function and ensure compliance with established policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
• Thorough knowledge of and demonstrated ability to apply math computation skills.
• Exceptional customer service, leadership, and relationship-building skills.
• Must be self-starter with a strong sense of urgency to meet the challenges of a fast-paced business environment.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Consistent attendance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
• Bachelor's Degree in a finance discipline preferred.
• 3 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree, or 5 years minimum experience required without a Bachelor’s degree.
• Work experience must be in accounts receivable, accounts payable, credit, customer services, collections, and/or financial statement analysis. Previous work experience must be progressively increasing in responsibility and accountability and demonstrate an ability to gain in knowledge, skills and responsibility such that a level of full competency can be reached.
• 3 years’ experience in Microsoft ERP systems; Microsoft Dynamics AX preferred.
• One year supervisory experience required.
• Requires fundamental knowledge of finance and accounting, analytical skills, excellent customer service skills, and experience with various types of software programs, including spreadsheets and general ledger systems.
• Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in English) in person and via telephone.
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time along with walking, standing, climbing stairs, reaching pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
• Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this classification.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Send This Job to a Friend