Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
CRS Yard Attendant
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for receiving, inspecting, and cleaning equipment for the Cat Rental Store. This role also requires organization and storage of equipment and attachments in a neat and orderly manner.
• Inspects machines and all attachments upon customer return for damage. Records fuel added and completes the check in process within 24 hours of the machines return. , fuel levels
• Completes operational inspection of all returned rental machines within 24 hours of machine being returned.
• Assists in coordination of shipping and receiving parts and equipment to other stores.
• Maintain consistent daily communication with the Rental Coordinator to assist with immediate customer and business related needs.
• Actively engage with customers when they are in the yard. Provide them with PPE if needed and ensure they receive a thorough walk-around and familiarization of the machine they are renting.
• Maintain yard cleanliness and organization.
• Steam cleans equipment and attachments on request; keeps steam-cleaning area clean and free of all debris.
• Adheres to all customer care standards.
• Actively cares and advocates safety at Western States. Adheres to all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
• May accomplish training and serve as a team member in support of Western States’ strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
• Work within and promotes corporate vision, mission, and values of the organization.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge and use of Microsoft computer products or other comparable systems preferred.
• Knowledge and use of usage and operation of light construction equipment.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Ability to work overtime with minimum notice required.
• Consistent attendance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
• Associates Degree or certificate from an accredited vocational school preferred.
• Previous industry experience preferred.
• Proven customer service skills.
• Excellent driving record and valid driver’s license required with the ability to pass CDL requirements.
• Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in English).
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time along with walking, sitting, repetitive climbing stairs, reaching (including but not limited to above-shoulder reaching), repetitive bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
• Exposure to high noise level, fumes, and extreme temperatures and environment.
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs in accordance with Western States’ Lifting Safe Work Practice to include amount and approach.
• Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this classification.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Send This Job to a Friend