Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES: This position is responsible for maintenance, preparation and inventory of heavy rents, sales, and used equipment in the yard.
• Instructs customer on proper use and safety procedures. Loads and unloads machines on customer transportation.
• Maintains organization and appearance of the yard.
• Completes documents for shipping and receiving equipment.
• Inspects machines upon customer return for damage, abuse, fuel levels and all attachments.
• Performs minor repairs or maintenance on returned machines.
• Washes, details, and touches up machines upon return as needed to maintain proper appearance.
• Completes final check of customer equipment before it leaves the yard.
• Steam cleans equipment and components on request; keeps steam-cleaning area clean and free of all debris.
• Maintains neat and organized attachment inventory.
• Delivers and picks equipment as needed.
• Maintains the tool room. Loans equipment to technicians. Inventories tools. Schedules repairs for tools with outside vendors.
• Assists with shop cleanup.
• Adheres to all customer care standards.
• Actively cares and advocates safety at Western States. Adheres to all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
• May accomplish training and serve as a team member in support of Western States’ strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
• Work within and promotes corporate vision, mission, and values of the organization.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Proven customer service skills.
• Knowledge and use of usage and operation of light construction equipment.
• Knowledge and use of Microsoft computer products or other comparable systems required.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Consistent attendance and timeliness.
• Ability to work overtime with little or no notice.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
• Associates Degree from an accredited vocational school preferred.
• Previous industry experience preferred.
• Excellent driving record and valid driver’s license required with the ability to pass CDL requirements.
• Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in English).
• Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time along with sitting, repetitive stair climbing, reaching (including but not limited to above-shoulder reaching), repetitive bending, stooping, twisting, pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
• Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies.
• Exposure to extreme temperatures and environment.
• Exposure to high noise level.
• Exposure to fumes.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Send This Job to a Friend