Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
Fixed Asset Accountant
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for all Fixed Asset Accounting in Microsoft Dynamics AX. The scope includes accounting for all property, plant, equipment, and capitalized rental fleets (CRS and Heavy Rents) owned by Western States, ensuring accurate calculation and posting of depreciation expense, analyzing invoices to ensure proper classification as capital assets, and completing monthly/quarterly/and yearly reconciliations. This position will also manage day to day equipment fleet transfers and working with the Equipment Operations team to ensure rental assets are recorded accurately.
• Performs asset capitalizations, transfers and disposals in Microsoft Dynamics AX in accordance with WSECO capitalization policy and accounting standards.
• Analyzes capital improvement projects (CIP) projects and capitalize when projects are complete and/or assets are put in use.
• Reconciles the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary-level accounts in the general ledger.
• Calculates depreciation expense and post monthly for all capitalized assets.
• Performs the fixed asset period close process in a timely manner as defined in the overall monthly close process.
• Accounts for the quality of asset master data records and timely updates to that data.
• Prepares journal entries, account analysis and reporting, including all fixed asset schedules for interim and year end external financial audit.
• Reconciles other accounts as assigned, including but not limited to inventory and WIP.
• Has Projects and tasks assigned from the Corporate Controller
• Works closely with internal departments to provide fixed asset reporting when requested.
• Investigates the potential obsolescence of capitalized assets.
• Conducts periodic physical inventory counts of capitalized assets at our branches.
• Conducts analysis related to fixed assets as requested by management.
• Prepares property tax returns.
• Represents the company during any audits by a government that involves capitalized assets.
• Recommends to management any updates to accounting policies related to fixed assets.
• Adheres to all customer care standards.
• Actively cares and advocates safety at Western States.
• Adheres to all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
• Serves as a team member in support of Western States’ strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
• Works within and promotes corporate vision, mission, and values of the organization.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must be self-starter with a strong sense of urgency to meet the challenges of a fast-paced business environment.
• Possess intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
• Demonstrate the ability to research and analyze large amounts of data with high attention to detail.
• Proven strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
• Ability to change, adapt and innovate with the changing business environment.
• Thorough knowledge of and demonstrated ability to apply math computation skills.
• Development of continuous improvement strategies and implementation.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Consistent attendance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree in a finance discipline required.
• 1-3 years’ experience in an accounting field. Fixed asset experience preferred.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office computer products. Experience in Microsoft Dynamics AX preferred.
• Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in English).
PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS: These are required physical attributes that all candidates within this position must possess.
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time along with walking, standing, climbing stairs, reaching pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
• Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this classification.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Send This Job to a Friend