Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
In Store Sales Representative
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for providing sales support to Western’s retail customers. Contact will be made through both direct and indirect channels. This role is to work with the entire enterprise to grow revenue and existing customer accounts, facilitate lead generation, and qualify leads generated through telemarketing and other indirect channels. Finds and develops new accounts.
• Builds and maintains relationships with retail customers in assigned territory.
• Prospects and builds a manageable list of assigned accounts.
• Practices proactive account stewardship on assigned accounts, establishing and utilizing PAR values in Sales Link.
• Uses Sales Link to document customer information, leads, activities, problems/issues, resolutions and sales transactions.
• Partners with Marketing, Product Support Sales Representative, Rental Field Representative, and Sales Representatives to identify interested and qualified customers.
• Develops and executes Strategic Pre-Call Plans.
• Utilizes UCC-1 sales history to help develop and execute Strategic Territory/Account Plans.
• Contacts prospective customers to determine customer needs, present product information, and explain available services. Provides information brochures and other incentives to inform customers and influence buying decisions.
• Responds to the needs of walk-in customers.
• Follows up on telemarketing leads.
• Evaluates leads, effectively and efficiently, and determines whether to respond or pass the lead to other sales resources.
• Learns about Cat and competitive products in order to offer the best solutions based on customer interests and needs.
• Conducts demos of equipment. Schedules store demos as needed and partners with Sales Representatives to schedule and conduct off-site demos, as well as all other necessary field sales functions.
• Presents equipment and finance options and solutions.
• Quotes and closes sales transactions. Completes all required sales documentation including finance contracts.
• Follows sales processes and procedures.
• Partners with management to ensure marketing campaigns are directed at the right opportunities for retail customers.
• Operates equipment safely.
• Adheres to all customer care standards.
• Actively cares and advocates safety at Western States. Adhere to all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
• May accomplish training and serve as a team member in support of Western States’ strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
• Works within and promote corporate vision, mission, and values of the organization.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of sales skills necessary to sell a premium priced product.
• Ability to develop and maintain product knowledge of Caterpillar and Western States’ products.
• Proven competence in the four pillars of a sales professional: personal disciplines, relationship skills, strategic selling, and tactical selling.
• Ability to assess customer needs and evaluate customer satisfactions.
• Demonstrated ability to schedule event, programs, and activities.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Ability to persuade and influence others.
• Ability to quickly identify problems, approach work from a solutions based focus, and develop creative solutions to complex issues.
• Proven competence in oral and written communication skills.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft or other comparable systems required.
• Ability to travel overnight.
• Must be a self-starter.
• Consistent attendance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or General education degree (GED) required.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing or equivalent work experience required.
• Minimum of 1 year industry related experience required.
• Minimum of 1 year retail sales or other sales experience required.
• Acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license required.
• Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in English).
• Frequent walking, standing, driving, pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, climbing, twisting and leaning.
• Able to lift up to 25 lbs in accordance with Western States’ Lifting Safe Work Practice to include amount and approach.
• Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this classification.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Send This Job to a Friend